44.

MYRA

"What are you doing here, Myra?" Mateo's voice boomed through the room, sending shivers down my spine. Even though I had been adamant not to bend to him, a part of me melted after hearing his voice.

Even though he came at night to visit me, it seemed like part of my dreams. However, facing him in the daylight, being in the same room, and hearing his voice were entirely different things.

My wolf was immediately awake, pacing to get closer to him. I turned around to face him; a stony expression shrouded his face.

"You've been watching me from here," I accused, choosing not to beat around the bush. There was no use in doing that, and I wasn't the kind to do that. I was a straightforward, cutthroat girl. "You perve,"

He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. That mere act made my heart throb harder in my chest. Suddenly, I was aware of everything about him. The way he moved, the way his eyes washed over me, lingering a few extra seconds over my lips, how his body looked tense as if he was ready to leap over and take me.

"Don't act like you don't like it," He shot back, dangerously stalking towards me. It was sexy and alluring and made me want to jump at him and devour him and... and... fuck.

Myra, focus!

I glared at him as he continued, "You know I watch you. That's why you roam around naked," I clenched my jaw because, well... he was right, "Whenever you're with Hunter, you look for the cameras. Whenever you touch him, you look for the cameras. I know this is your game,"

His words burned on my skin like a hot lamp because he spoke the truth, and I didn't like it. I accused him of being a pervert, but secretly, I liked it. Whenever I was awake in my room, I'd always wonder if someone was watching me— if he was watching me. Knowing that he had been watching me all along gave me a sense of satisfaction.

This wasn't normal. Something was wrong with me for liking this, but I didn't care. I was abnormal. That has been long ago established.

"And didn't you ever feel pathetic," I purred back, running a finger down his chest as he stood before me, too close until our toes touched. "Sitting here and watching your brother fuck you, mate, while all you could do is just watch and never get to touch your mate because she hates you. This is the only way you could ever see her," I picked out my words carefully so they'd leave the maximum impact on him.

The darkening of his gaze told me that I had succeeded in triggering him. Good. I wanted to put him down, bully him, ruin him and all those things, but my wolf wanted only one thing— to climb him like a tree, and oh, that was another thing that I could do along with all the things I was planning to do.

I gave him a wicked smile. I must be sick in the head to even think of such things in the first place. Maybe, the explosion fucked me up... but most likely, I was already fucked up.

Out of nowhere, I was pinned to the wall, and his body slammed into me until I could feel every inch of him. Feeling his body against mine awakened a part of me. It made me feel alive with the realisation that he was what I had been missing all these days. The big gaping hole in my heart was for him.

Fuck him!

"The last time you asked me if I could bring back dead to life," He started, his lips a few inches away from mine. If he wanted, he could claim my lips and kiss me to his heart's content, but he chose to speak instead, "It had me thinking if we share a past I am unaware of. I want to know. I'm fucking tired of these games, Myra. Come clear and see me face to face. You cannot keep running away from me and pushing me away. We're bound to be together whether you like it or not," His words were dark and sharp, cutting right where I least expected them to cut.

"Because we're mates?" I challenged, feeling my blood thicken with rage. How dare he! "I can assure you, Mateo, you wouldn't fuck me if you knew our past," I growled, wriggling against him. He had my hands pinned above my head; otherwise, I would've loved to sink my nails in his throat... and rode him like there was no tomorrow. The thought made heat curl between my legs until I could feel the faint pulse of need.

How could I want to kill and fuck a person at the same time?

"Try me, Myra," He growled, pressing his body even more. I could feel his knot digging in my stomach. I was sure he could smell my arousal as well due to the way his nostrils flared.

"Really?" I decided to test it out.

"Go on," He pushed.

"And what if you don't want to fuck me after that?" I probed, searching his face for any hints of what was going through his head. Even though I pretended not to give a fuck about him wanting to fuck me, it mattered to me. I wondered if knowing our past would end in a rejected bond. That would be pretty awful after all the things that I went through.

"I'll fuck you no matter what," He stated with such confidence that I couldn't help but laugh at his face mockingly. This made me want to confess, but at the same time, the fear of rejection was real. I should not have cared, but I couldn't stop myself anymore. With my body singing with need, my wolf craving him each day, and his nightly visits, I started feeling attached to him somewhere along the line. I'd be devastated to have it all severed, but I couldn't let him know that I was attached.

"You want to know?" I gritted, my heart almost lodged in my throat when I finally confessed, "You killed my father, Mateo,"

~

ooo... some confrontation time. Comment and tell me what do you think so far.

Read daily updates along with next 30+ chapters on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3