43.

A/n> If you're enjoying my book so far, then check out my new book 'The Stalker' :)

MYRA

One week later...

My life at the brothers' house fell into a routine soon. I'd wake up in the morning and have Hunter bring me breakfast. He'd talk to me and spend time with me before leaving for work. He'd come around in the evening and spend the rest of the night touching and talking to me.

I was starting to get used to it, which was fine for now. Hunter demanded all my focus and attention whenever I was awake. The rest of the time, I spent drifting in and out of sleep, especially after taking my meds.

On nights after Hunter left, I always felt a presence in my room, watching and sometimes even touching me. I knew every time that it was Mateo. He always came to see me in the darkest hour of the night and left silently like a shadow. Somedays, I stared back at him, my eyes half open. He'd sit at the foot of my bed and gaze at me longingly. Sometimes, he touched me, but the other times, he maintained the distance.

No matter what, I could feel his anguish, his need, his desperation, his cravings, his every fucking emotion and that drove me crazy. I wanted to stay mad at him, but my need for him was overpowering, and I wouldn't say I liked that.

Hunter brought up Mateo here and there in the conversations, telling me about him fondly, and I hated how I listened to all the information too closely, remembering every fucking thing.

Apart from all this, nothing much happened. I mostly stayed in my room, resting or fooling around with Hunter. He tried to know more about me when we talked, but I always shut him down. It was not like I had much to share; whatever I could share would leave nothing but a trail of disaster.

In the meantime, I healed a lot. The scar on my head had completely healed, and I had grown some hair. My natural curly hair was starting to show, curling on my forehead and over my ear, giving me an innocent girly look.

The curves on my body were returning, and I looked and felt a lot better, but still not the same as before. That would take a while... especially due to how things were progressing.

However, after spending a week like that, I finally grew bored. Usually, I was always working on a project, finding new ways to fuck people, extort money, get people killed and all that good stuff. Now, with all my stuff gone, I had nothing.

Not literally. I still had everything stored in a server in a city east of this place. But I doubted if I'd ever be able to go there soon. So, in the meantime, whenever I was awake and when Hunter wasn't around (this was uncommon), I took the opportunity to explore the house.

I spent some time in Hunter's room, looking through his computer junk, which I found interesting. That was all. I could access most of the house, but the eastern wing was off-limits. And that's where Mateo lived, and their main office was.

Not that I was the kind of girl to follow the rules. One day, when I found the house empty, I snuck into the eastern wing to explore. The first room I encountered was a cosy study that seemed less used. The next room was a bedroom; I didn't have to guess whom it belonged to.

Mateo. Of course. Even though we were not seeing eye to eye, I took the complete liberty to explore everything in his room, feeling childish. I opened random drawers of his dressers, jumped on his bed to check if it was as bouncy as mine (it was fucking rock hard), ran through his closet, messed up some folded clothes and ensured all his crisp shirts were crinkled. Satisfying. It was all good until I moved to the final door.

At first, it was locked, but then I returned to the study and found myself a paper pin. I picked the lock effortlessly and stepped in. I was shocked immediately. It was the biggest room in the house. One side of the room had two huge tables, one for each brother and the other side of the room was plastered with security screens streaming live feeds of different rooms of the house. But half of the feed was covered with the view of my room from various angles. Only my bathroom didn't have a camera.

Blood rushed to my face when I saw the clearest view in front of the bed— right where Hunter had made me squirt a few days ago. While he played with me in my room, someone sat here and watched everything.

Who? Mateo, of course. It had to be him. I shouldn't have been more surprised by this, but instead of enraging me, it turned me on. My wolf was already wondering how long Mateo sat here and looked at me. She felt pity for him because he could only watch me but not touch me.

I reminded my wolf that Mateo had killed my father. He took away the only support I had in my life. I could never forgive him. I shouldn't ever feel any pity for him. He deserved it if he was hurting by staying away from me.

But to my wolf, none of this mattered. She needed her other mate soon. She had been craving him more and more each day. I was afraid that if I didn't give her what she wanted soon enough, she'd force me to go into a heat. That'd be fucking terrible.

I froze when I heard footsteps behind me, followed by an intense gaze burning on my back. I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"What are you doing here, Myra?" Mateo demanded, not sounding too pleased to see me.

~

Confrontation time! Can't wait for the next week's update? Join Patreon and read the next 30+ chapters along with daily updates. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3