73.

MYRA

"Tell me everything in detail, and don't try to sugarcoat anything," I demanded, plopping down next to the brothers. Mateo glared at Hunter, who almost rolled his eyes. Despite the humour Hunter maintained at all times, I could tell this issue was serious.

"The impersonator tried to take down Rikkard's systems and failed. He's now angrily hunting for that Morgan," Mateo spoke and immediately, I felt a weight settle in my stomach.

"That's fucked. Even if I snooped around Rikkard's systems, I was never that stupid to do something like that. Fuck, not only does my impersonator have a death wish, but they're also putting a target on my back," I said, my head swarming with all the possibilities of how this could end. Along with this, the codes kept repeating in my head again and again until I got overwhelmed, and it felt like my head was going to shut down.

"The good thing is, Rik might be able to track down the impersonator," Hunter said. "We could reach out to him at this hour and try to work something out,"

"I wonder what would you say to him," I wondered out loud, "Look Rik, I know you almost got fucked by Morgan, but you don't have to worry about it because the one who tried to hack you is the fake one. I have the real Morgan with me who has been snooping around your system for a long time and knows what fuckupery you're planning in the Arctic," I said comically. Mateo scoffed while Hunter gave me a playful smile.

"I'd love to see how Rikkard would react to that," Hunter had the nerve to say. I wanted to rub my face in frustration, but I looked out the window. We were slowly descending and getting ready for landing.

A momentary, pensive silence fell between the three of us. We were all lost in our thoughts, trying to find a way out of the fuckery which was all the product of my doing. I wondered if the moon goddess continued her punishments this way. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a hand in all this. I had not only tried to reject and run away from my mates, especially Mateo but had also given him a hard time. I could feel her dishing it all back to me indirectly.

I crossed my arms over my chest and slumped in my seat, thinking about the codes again. One was in binary, and the other was in alphabets. I went through them again and again in my head while we landed. Meanwhile, the brothers were busy discussing their trial that was supposed to take place in the evening.

Once we returned to the pack, I got to work with my servers immediately. Mateo provided me with the second library, which was big enough to fit my servers together. I got busy setting them up and powering them. Hunter lingered with me, but Mateo had to leave to meet with some lawyers. However, he didn't do so before giving me a heated kiss.

I was anxious about their trial, but if anything, the brothers only looked annoyed about the whole deal and nothing more than that. None of them tried to make me feel like it was happening because of me. Their nonchalant attitude made me want to clean up my shit quickly.

I had been slacking off for weeks now, and a shit tone had happened since then. I wasn't going to bed until I figured out who dared to even fuck around with my main servers and then pull such a sick stunt with the Mad Alpha.

Hunter helped me around with the servers, using it as an opportunity to touch, tease, and steal some kisses from me now and then. I was done setting up my servers by late afternoon, and they were finally working. By then, Hunter had to leave for the trial. I contemplated attending it with them but knew I'd be too anxious and fidgety to sit through the whole thing. Especially since I knew it was all my doing to make my poor mates suffer. I didn't need the reminder of it repeatedly.

I decided to stay in the library with my servers and try to make something of the code. I needed to do something to prove to myself that I hadn't ruined everything yet. I wanted to make things right fast.

I ran diagnostics on my servers as soon as I could access all my stored data. It didn't take much time to get back the results. Fortunately, everything in my servers was secure and hadn't been damaged by the tempering done to them. I could tell that someone had tried to access these servers remotely but didn't get past the strong security system I had set. I even checked the camera footage from the place, and surprisingly, it was intact and hadn't been tampered with.

I watched days worth of footage while running other diagnostics on my servers to ensure that someone hadn't remotely implanted a bug that'd either corrupt the whole system or send the replica of all my data to a third party once I started accessing my files.

I was surrounded by screens again, and for once, despite having my cybernetic arm, it felt like I was my old self again with that fearless zeal that made me push all the boundaries. My wolf felt better and more content with our current state, even though we were supposedly in the middle of a crisis.

I continued flipping through the surveillance camera footage when I finally caught something in it... or rather, someone. Almost a month after my accident, when I had been asleep in the hospital, someone managed to get past the security setup in that house.

I watched the figure carefully. Whoever it was, they wore a black hoodie and had their face completely covered. But despite it all, from how they moved and their figure, I knew it was a woman.

This puzzled me even more. I couldn't recognise the person, but the more I watched them, the more familiar their movements seemed. I watched the woman wander through the house, checking different rooms before going to the basement.

I watched her take out the note with the code from her hoodie's pocket and set it on one of the servers. Then she went upstairs and stood in front of the primary surveillance camera. She stood there for a few moments before taking off her glasses and her mask.

The face that stared back at me from the video was a lot familiar to me. We had the same eyes and almost the same facial features and.... and...

"No fucking way!" I shot up from the chair and searched for the codes until I found both. As soon as I looked at them, they were solved.

Both the codes said the same name.

Revaan.

~

Read the COMPLETE BOOK on Patreon along with exclusive bonus scenes. Also on Patreon: Her Alpha Mates (alt story), A Pet for the Dragons and more exclusive stories.

Thanks for reading <3