38.

MYRA

I spent the rest of the day napping, only waking up for a light dinner, but I immediately went back to sleep. When I woke up the following day, I felt highly disoriented. It was as if someone had taken me by the shoulders and shaken me until my brain was in shambles. I didn't leave my bed until Hunter came to check on me.

"How are you doing today, my pussy cat?" He asked, showering me with kisses, which annoyed and aroused me at the same time.

"Stop calling me that," I groaned, flexing my cybernetic arm and testing it.

"Why should I stop?" He asked, "You're my pussy cat," He teased, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his arms lap and cradling me. I wanted to fight him for trying to test me first thing in the morning, but I settled against his touch instead. Enjoying and welcoming his warmth.

His presence somehow made my mood better.

"Are you hungry? Would you like me to bring breakfast here and feed you like last night while you were half asleep?" He asked, and I groaned against him. I was immediately pushing him away. I couldn't believe that I fed from him. It was wounding to me, but it made my wolf giddy.

Before I could say anything, my stomach growled out loud, answering the question for me. He set me back on the bed and left to bring me breakfast before kissing my forehead.

I went to the bathroom to do my morning business and look at myself again. I couldn't stop doing it. Every time I glanced in the mirror, I expected to see the old Myra back, but all I got was a sickly skinny girl with a cybernetic arm.

However, I looked somewhat better today. My eyes and cheeks looked less hollow, and the scar on my head was also looking better, a thin layer of hair covering my head. I guessed it was because my wolf was healing me well, especially after meeting her mates and spending time with them.

This reminded me of my brief spar with Mateo yesterday. He'd left me alone after that, and I was still angry. I wanted to take it out on him. I wanted to tell him how he ruined me, but I couldn't do that. Yet. But I'd tell him sooner or later to let him know what he did to me and why I hated him so much. I was almost looking forward to it— especially his reaction to finding out that he killed my father.

When I left the bathroom, Hunter returned with a tray of hot, delicious-looking food. My mouth watered uncontrollably at the sight of it. It was as if my body was reminding me how it had survived on saline for more than a month at the hospital, and now it was craving some real form of sustenance.

"I'll feed you," He told me, batting my hand away when I reached for a delicious-looking cheese sandwich. The menu wasn't anything special and not even my favourite, but I'd have downed it all in one breath if allowed.

I grunted but didn't protest as he slowly fed me. I chewed my food silently, sitting on his lap while watching it snow outside. It had snowed all night, and everything was covered in a thick, fresh coat of snow. Even though I wouldn't say I liked the snow and the cold, everything outside looked scenic.

"Do you feel pain anywhere?" Hunter asked while feeding me.

"No," I answered calmly, leaning against him, hungry for his warmth and his touch. I needed more of that. It was somehow more important than what he was feeding me.

"How's the arm? Is it working well? Do we need to calibrate it again?" He asked thoughtfully, a genuine note of care and kindness in his soothing voice, reminding me of a mother. Well, I never had a mother, but I guessed this was how it felt like to have one and be cared for by one. The instant realisation made my eyes burn with tears. I blinked them away quickly, glad that I wasn't facing him.

"It's fine," I managed to choke, swallowing my emotions.

"That's awesome. You look better today. Your wolf seems stronger, too," He noted, blowing on a spoonful of hot tomato soup before holding it in front of my lips. I sipped, trying not to get too emotional about it. I hated how Hunter made me feel— so vulnerable, but in a good way. He made me feel like I could finally stop fighting and rest. How dare he make me feel so loved and protected? I hated him! I wanted to, but he was not letting me!

"My wolf is fine," I noted, "But I want to go for a run," I told him. There were a few doubts in my head.

"I'll go with you then," He offered.

"What happens to my arm when I phase into my wolf?" I asked. I have been thinking about it ever since I learned about it.

"It transforms with you. The chip is completely tuned to your state," He explained, holding another spoonful of soup before my lips.

"Really?" I asked, surprised as I studied my arm. "I cannot wait to see that happen,"

"I cannot wait to meet your wolf, Myra," He whispered against my ear, making my heart quiver. The thought of our wolves meeting each other immediately awakened my wolf from her slumber. She was already ready to go for a run with his wolf and explore him.

As much as the idea made me awkward, I decided to try it. I needed to stop suppressing my wolf so much. Otherwise, it'd take longer for me to heal. This time, it was for my wolf's sake. Sure, Hunter was a good guy, but at the end of the day, he was Mateo's brother, and one way or the other, he must've supported his wrongdoing. I repeatedly tried to remind myself about this, but Hunter's caring nature was disarming and diverting.

"What does your wolf look like?" I asked him innocently. To be honest, I couldn't help thinking about it.

"You will meet him soon," He spoke, nudging my ear in a way that gave me the butterflies. "You must eat well, my pussy cat. You're so weak. It hurts me to see you like this. I want you to be strong and healthy as soon as possible so I can chase you around the woods and play with you. You have no idea how much my wolf wants to do that," He almost groaned, placing a heated kiss on my neck.

At that moment, I felt like a snowflake melting against his warmth. Fuck him. I wanted to fuck him both— figuratively and literally. It felt like I was splitting into two internally.

"Is your wolf into play-hunting?" I couldn't help but ask. It had always been a dream of mine to be hunted vigorously and then claimed and fucked in the most animalistic way.

I felt him grow tense under me as he asked, "Would you like to be hunted by my wolf, pussy cat?" My breath hitched at the idea. It had always been a dream I didn't get to explore before because my wolf never seemed to get along with those of my ex-lovers. She had a mind of her own, but she was excited at the possibility of doing this with one of her mates. Having both the mates hunting me in the woods would have been even better, but I pushed the idea out of my head before I got too excited and later met with disappointment.

"Will you do it if I say yes?" I asked, on the edge.

"I'll do anything for you, my pussy cat," He answered darkly, and I instantly knew what I wanted from him.

~

what do you think so far? let me know in the comments.

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading :D