58.

MYRA

It was all out in the open now, and there was no going back. The brothers knew I was Morgan, and I had been messing with them all along. Initially, I planned to hide it for several weeks, but the imposter situation changed everything.

I couldn't hide anymore. I had to do something about it before the Drakkons could head south and start a war against us. Whoever got them involved was the biggest idiot of the century... or they could be planning to take over the whole continent.

I shuddered. My imposter was up to something sinister, something that scared even me. If anything, it made me want to find them out as soon as possible and stop them. I couldn't let them misuse my name. However, someone misusing my name was the least of my concerns.

After the revelation, I had yet to gauge what the brothers thought of me. So far, they hadn't shown much reaction except for being shocked and surprised. However, I was expecting more. Indeed, they wouldn't let it slide after all the trouble I had created for them in the past. I'd have to pay for my shenanigans one way or the other, and deep down, I knew how it would go down.

I was their mate, after all.

"I'm going," I declared after giving out the location of my servers. A long time ago, I had bought an abandoned mansion on the eastern rages of Vestbroke. At first, I had planned to make that place my home, but then I decided to move south because the winters in Vestbroke were cruel. It didn't snow there in the winter. No. It was worse. It rained there all winter. I hated rain equally as snow.

In comparison, Lake Town was the best. It had mild weather and not much variation throughout the year. And the sea was another plus point. I loved hearing it at night while I fell asleep. All that was gone now, I reminded myself.

"No, you won't," Mateo was the first to object, "You've already worked yourself enough today. It's a long journey from here,"

"I second that," Hunter chipped in, and I glared at him. I could sense the tension between the two brothers over something. I could tell that Hunter was taking Mateo's side in an attempt to ease the tension. I narrowed my eyes at him. "You cannot go with us,"

"Do you expect me to stay here alone and overthink myself to death?" I asked, restless. I needed to go, to do something, or else I would lose my mind. I had already wasted so much time doing nothing. I couldn't afford to waste more time.

"You're are sick, Myra," Mateo reminded me, his voice sharp and commanding. I glared at him.

"I need to go. I'll be more sick waiting here," I told him fiercely, not willing to back down at any cost.

"I'm going to prepare for the journey," Hunter said, "You can talk to her," I knew this was his ploy to avoid Mateo's rage. I glared at him again as he slinked away from the room, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Myra, you cannot go with us. It'll take us a couple of days back and forth on the road, and your health is still uncertain," Mateo reasoned. He was right on all accounts, but I wouldn't listen. I had to go.

"You wouldn't be able to get to my servers without me," I pointed, crossing my arms over my chest and levelling him with a determined look. A look of frustration crossed his eyes, and his jaw hardened.

"You undermine what we can do, Myra," He commented quietly. I laughed.

"The explosion was the only reason you got to me," I shot back, and all of a sudden, he was in front of me. He had covered the serval meters of distance between us in the blink of an eye. I gasped and tried to step back, but I was already up against a wall, trapped by him.

"I'm starting to think you still enjoy playing the cat and mouse game," He growled lowly, his face inches away from mine. My heart was ramming in my chest, and my wolf stirred, wanting to end the rest of the distance between us.

I put my hands on his chest, and instead of pushing my away, I pulled him closer and whispered, "What if I do?" A feral look dawned upon his face, his eyes darkening with a hellish desire.

His chest vibrated with a thunderous growl, and in the next moment, his lips were mushed against mine, claiming me with a furious need. I whimpered at his intensity. It was overwhelming but extremely arousing at the same time. He ran his tongue over my lips as if he owned them and then speared past them to stake a claim to my mouth.

No. He didn't need to stake a claim on me anymore. That had been done long ago. This mere act was just a reminder of sorts that every part of me belonged to him. His tongue caressed mine with a burning devotion while his muscular arms went around me to sweep me off my feet.

The next moment, I was seated on his office table with him standing between my legs. I gasped for a breath desperately when he freed my lips.

"It's a dangerous game, Myra," He whispered, rubbing the tip of his nose down my neck with such intensity that I was burning for him. My pussy came alive with a pulse, wanting him and his knot. The way it clenched made me want to whimper, to beg, to plead with him to fill me and end my misery, but that'd be accepting defeat, and for now, my pride was too great for that. "One that leads to nothing but trouble," He added darkly, lingering on the most sensitive part of my neck.

"I love trouble," I purred, clutching the front of his shirt and trying to pull him closer. I could see his huge bulge, his knot begging to be let free. The sight made my pussy clench even more. Mateo growled at my words. I continued, "I live for trouble. Trouble is my middle name. You need to get used to it,"

"Myra," He growled as I wrapped my legs around his torso and rubbed against the hardness in his pants.

"Do you think I could stay away from this for even a few days?" I hissed, running my hands all over his muscles, feeling every bit of them. "Do you think you could sleep at night without touching me?"

The tortured look on his face told me that I had gotten a hold of him, that I was making him don't my own decision. I chuckled darkly. "I must go with you two,"

Suddenly, he pressed me down until my back was on the table, and he was hovering over me; the feral look on his face was more dangerous than ever. It looked like he wanted to devour me, and well... I wanted to be devoured by both of them. At the same fucking time. This short trip would be the perfect opportunity for that because, in this house, there seemed to be an unspoken rule between the brothers that two of them couldn't be with me at the same time. I hated that. I needed to change that rule.

"You're manipulating me," Mateo growled, his canines sharp and glistening with saliva. I shuddered, imagining what they'd feel like on my neck. It worsened the ache between my legs.

"Then are you manipulated?" I smirked, darkening the hunger in his eyes. That was an answer enough, making me laugh on his face.

"I'll take you there, but on my terms," He growled, and that shut me up quickly.

~

We're about to go on a small adventure, and things are going to get heated there. What do you think of their relationship developments so far? Let me know in the comments.

Read the next 30+ chapters on Patreon along with an exclusive alternative version of this story. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3