61.

MYRA

I stood in the middle of the empty basement where I had once stored all my important servers.

All gone.

There was nothing left at all. Everything had been taken, and the defence system had been corrupted. Even though I stood in that ghostly empty space, I still found it hard to believe that my servers were gone, that someone had dared to come here, somehow corrupt my defence system, and take my servers where I stored years of my work.

All fucking gone.

"Myra," Hunter said behind me, but I couldn't hear him. His voice was distorted as if I was underwater. Instead, I was in my head, descending somewhere darker. This felt like a nightmare... one that had just begun.

"Myra," He called out for me again. His voice was closer this time but felt more distorted than ever. All I could see was the space in front of me that seemed to be growing bigger and bigger, the walls pushing away until they couldn't be seen anymore. Until it felt like I was in a void.

...everything gone...

~

I opened my eyes and sat up. I didn't know where I was and how I got there. Everything was unfamiliar around me. It all felt like a fever dream I wanted to end badly. I rubbed my irritated eyes, groaning in myself, and just in time, an arm reached out to wrap around my waist and drag me to the other side of the bed.

"Hey," Mateo's gruff voice greeted me, and soon, I found myself in his arms, feeling all the more lost. I blinked at him groggily, trying to remember what had happened. "How are you feeling now?" He asked.

"What happened to me?" I asked him back. He searched my face pensively for a few moments. I noticed that we were in a dimly lit hotel room of sorts. It had to be a hotel room because none of the rooms in the brother's house looked like this. "Where's Hunter?" I asked, pushing out of his arms and looking around.

I was starting to remember going somewhere with the two brothers. However, apart from that, everything in my head was still pretty much blank. I groaned to myself.

"He has gone out to get some of our meds. Are you alright? Does anything hurt?" Mateo asked, sitting up and nearing closer to look at me properly. He looked more awake by every second.

"Nothing hurts, but why can't I remember anything?" I frowned. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in his lap. I settled into his lap, feeling better than before but still lost.

"You hyperventilated and passed out," He answered tensely, checking my pulse.

"Why did that happen?" I questioned him.

"I don't want that to repeat," He told me sharply. "You must rest now. We had a long journey the whole day. We'll deal with everything tomorrow," He spoke, pulling me under the covers again and cradling me against him. I sighed, loving his warmth and caresses but didn't feel like sleeping. Instead, I felt well rested than ever.

"I don't want to sleep," I said, facing him. He lay on his side, our legs tangled, and his arm heavily draped over me, making me feel very secure. "Can we go out? Where are we? What time is it?"

"We're away from the pack. It's late in the evening, and the weather's not nice to go out," Mateo answered with the same gruffness that made me pout. However, I sensed the dismissive tone in his voice. He didn't want to let me know for whatever reason, which slightly annoyed me. These brothers kept too many secrets.

"Then what are we going to do in this hotel room?" I asked, running my hand down his front, and he tensed under my touch. I smiled, my head filling with all kinds of ideas.

"What do you want to do?" Mateo choked, widening my smile. His eyes darkened as if he could read my filthy thoughts. I remembered thinking about this before our journey to wherever we were going. I remembered thinking about having a good time with the two... at the same time. It had been on my mind a lot lately.

Though Hunter was not present yet. What a bummer. The brothers certainly did this deliberately.

"We can do all sorts of things," I purred, undoing a couple of his buttons. Meanwhile, he watched me darkly, not moving at all. "The sorts of things we hadn't done yet," I whispered, slipping my leg over his torso and sitting up, straddling him. All the breath seemed to have left him as I placed my ass on the permanent bulge of his pants.

He was hard, and his knot was tight to be released— exactly what I wanted.

"Not now, Myra," He managed to speak. His voice came out pretty strained, but I wouldn't have it. I knew he wanted it too, and he was keeping up with this pretence because he thought I was still too weak to take his knot. I was going to prove him wrong tonight.

"Shhh..." I placed a finger on his lips and dragged it down his chin and neck before unbuttoning the rest of his shirt. "My wolf needs it. She has been bugging me about it a lot lately. It's torture having two mates and still not having one of their knots," I told him firmly.

"What about you?" He asked, his eyes pitch black and his voice guttural. It was his wolf talking. "Do you want my knot, Myra? Or are you doing this just because your wolf's nagging you?"

I froze. That was a loaded question. One that could make or break things. My relationship with Mateo was still somewhat rough and not as easy as it had been with Hunter, but I couldn't ignore my attraction towards him. Even though I had pushed him away in the past and said very nasty things to him, I had dreamed an awful lot of him, too and wished that our past hadn't been so dark. That'd have made things so much easier for us... for me... After all, he was everything I had ever asked for, and so was his brother.

A part of me was still bitter about the past— the same part that had driven me to do stupid things that had backfired. I now knew better than to rely on that bitter voice, the one that'd drive me to insanity if I kept listening to it. So now, I listened to my wolf. She was my subconscious self, though more horny.

Even though most of the time, I didn't like what she wanted, I couldn't deny the fact that she wanted the best for me. She was a part of me, after all... a part with the night's magic and the moon goddess's blessing. I hadn't listened to her in a while, constantly dismissing her as primal and unreasonable. But tonight, I decided to listen to her and let myself free of all the useless pretences.

"I want your knot, too," I whispered, grinding myself against his bulge. "I need it, or else I feel incomplete,"

Mateo growled under me and flipped us around until I was the one under him.

"Are you sure about what you ask, Myra?" He asked, his voice rumbled darkly. "Are you sure you want my knot? The man who killed your father?" He asked. I froze under him. He searched my face, waiting.

I drew in a breath as a wave of emotions hit me. That was a hard question, but I knew the answer deep down. It was, yes, but I couldn't say it for some reason. Mateo cocked an eyebrow at me, a knowing look flashed on his face. He clenched his jaw and rolled off me, sitting on the other side of the bed with his shoulders dropping with a pain-filled heaviness.

A tear ran down my face as that bitter voice laughed at me; so much for not listening to it. Maybe it was right? Maybe I shouldn't let it go as quickly. Perhaps I should continue to wreak havoc in their lives until there's nothing left of them. More and more angry tears streamed down my face until I could see no more, until I could feel only one thing— madness.

"I hate you!" I shouted at him, and just in time, the door opened, and Hunter walked in.

~

Some fiery chapters are going to come next. Be ready to handle the heat.

But if you want them right away then head over to Patreon. You'll find 30+ chapters along with daily updates and an alternative version of the story, and much more! The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3