82.

MYRA

I woke up the next day with Hunter, feeling somewhat sore between the legs but fully content. Last night, after Mateo had given me his knot, I took Hunter's knot as well. After that, the three of us lay together with me lodged between them.

It felt like such a bliss having both my mates on either side while I fell asleep. I wanted to have this every single night. However, as good as my nights were, I was equally cranky in the morning.

I was never a morning person, to begin with, and after waking up after the explosion, my body hated me even more in the morning. But Hunter whispered sweet nothings to me and got me in the shower.

My mood improved quickly as we showered together. Afterwards, he took care of me by rubbing some ointment between my legs and giving me a heated kiss. Mateo happened to join us for breakfast after his morning run, and my mood was better to see him.

I sat on his lap as I had my breakfast while my wolf purred, feeling content. The brothers discussed pack matters while eating, and I listened to them intently to learn more about their pack affairs.

I knew a lot about their pack already due to snooping around for years, but I hadn't met many people personally except for Fidel. Thinking of Fidel, I had to ask, "How is Fidel doing?"

The two of them tensed at my question, especially Mateo. I felt his free hand heavily resting on my thigh as if silently staking a claim. Possessiveness flashed in Hunter's eyes as well as he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"What about him?" Hunter asked. There was an edge to his voice. I didn't miss how his gaze possessively landed on me while Mateo lifted his hand from my thigh and wrapped his arm around my waist as if he were afraid I would flee from his lap.

I smiled innocently at them.

"I haven't met anyone from the pack yet except for Fidel," I said, "I wanted to know if he's alive after I tried to pull that boyfriend stunt with him,"

"He's alive," Mateo's voice rumbled behind him. His voice was thick with possessiveness."You don't have to worry about him, baby girl,"

I couldn't help but giggle at that.

"He's alive as long as you don't go about claiming him to be your boyfriend, pussy cat," Hunter said. I smiled at him slyly.

"You don't have to worry about him. It's just that I had fun fooling him," I shrugged, and Mateo's body loosened slightly under me.

"You're not seeing him anyhow. He avoids this part of the pack like a plague now," Mateo informed me.

"That's a shame," I pouted, "I'd have liked to have someone to toy with,"

"Baby girl, the only toy you're getting is that tiny little thing we put in your pussy," Mateo's voice was a whisper, but there was so much power in it that it made me quiver. It didn't help that my pussy clamped at the memories of last night, seeking their knot even though it was sore from being used. Hunter gave a dark smile, making my pussy flutter along with my heart.

"Don't worry, Myra. We'll get you more of those toys so your pussy always has something to play with," Hunter promised darkly, almost pulling a moan out of my lips. Meanwhile, Mateo chuckled behind me. His laugh was deep and rumbly, giving me all those annoying butterflies in my stomach.

"She likes the idea," Mateo commented.

"No, I don't," I muttered, making the two laugh at me. It was a lie, and all of us knew that. There was no point in denying that because they could smell my arousal thick in the air. I couldn't hide it, no matter how hard I tried.

As soon as breakfast was over, I went straight to the library to look at my servers. I was done running all the diagnostics on my servers, and they turned out to be utterly untouched. That was a great sign.

I had been trying to connect them to the stolen ones so I could hopefully track them or get any hints as to where they could be. But so far, I didn't have any luck. I continued to go through whatever I had stored in these servers to see if I could get anything to help us.

It was afternoon when Mateo visited me to tell me that Rikkard had sent them all the files. I didn't waste any moment to look through them to see if I could find anything... any hints about where my sister could be hiding those servers.

I knew well that she was using them because the stuff she tried to do with Rikkard was only possible with them. I got busy combing through everything but didn't get much except for learning that my sister was good with what she was doing, and she had purposefully botched the attack on Rikkard's military systems to send him a message and also throw me under the bus at the same time. I hated to admit it, but she was excelling at impersonating me.

She tried to fuck with some other alphas as well in the next couple of days so she could get others more worked up about me. I already had a long list of people with a target on my back, but thanks to my sister, the list almost doubled in a week. This led me to spend most of my waking hours in the library with my computers, trying to counter whatever she was doing. I couldn't do much with whatever limited things I was left with, but I kept trying.

I continued to track all her activities to find out where she was, but to no avail. The brothers were busy with their pack activities, too. They had been postponing a lot of work since I landed in the hospital, and now that I was finally better, they had a lot of backlogs to clear, too. However, they tried to provide me with as much information as possible from the other alphas. At the same time, I continued my work, even collaborating with their cyber team to help me track everything Arika was doing.

It had been almost a week, but I was still as clueless as before, which was more frustrating than ever. I grew increasingly anxious as the days passed until I couldn't take it anymore. I was pacing in the library one evening, thinking about what to do next, when Hunter found me,

"You need to go for a run," He told me, and my wolf howled at his words. I swallowed at his words. I hadn't phased into my wolf since I woke up after the accident. Even though I had gotten used to my cybernetic arm, I was unsure and anxious to see how it'd turn out.

"We'll be there for you, Myra," Hunter assured me after reading my expression. I was hesitant, but I decided to go. I needed to let my wolf out sometime anyway, and I couldn't keep postponing this. This had to be done. My wolf stirred with excitement at the thought of being let out and united with her mates. She had been looking forward to this so much and I was finally going to give my wolf what she wanted to much. 

~

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon and the daily updates for the sequel — A PET FOR THE DRAGONS. Also available on Patreon – Her Alpha Mates alt story, bonus scenes and much more. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3