vegas highs and vegas lows

Warnings: crash

It was the week of the Las Vegas Grand Prix.Something everybody is the most excited about in the Formula 1 world.The amazing night race with 50 laps in the centrum of Las Vegas.What could go wrong?Nothing!

Lando and me were checking in to paddock club.I scaned my card and walked in waiting for Lando.We both walked into the Mclaren hospitality,in order to greet everyone.

As time has passed it was finally time for Lando to get ready for the third free practise.He put on his racing suit and gave a last quick kiss,before entering the bolide.

The FP3 has started and I watched everything,carefully listening to everything they were saying through the radio.Everything was going fine,Lando was driving well.At the last minutes of free practise,I was shown at the TV.I smiled and waved at the camera.It just felt amazing,being introduced as "professional model,Lando Norris partner".I just loved the life,that I was living in.

When Lando was ready to leave and all cleaned up,we decided to have a little walk in the bussy city.We went to a famous italian restaurant and ordered some food.I got myself a pasta and Lando a steak.

After we finished eating our dinner,we walked to Starbucks and ordered some coffee.While we were doing that,some fans recognized Lando and asked for pictures and autographs.I was so shocked but so happy,when some of them asked me for a picture too.I ofcourse said yes and posed for the camera.A nice girl even asked me to do her bereal.

We walked back to the hotel and just went to bed.We watched some episodes of our favorite show and feel asleep.

It was finally the Race day.I could see the stress in Landos eyes.I have to admit,being a drivers girlfriend is scary sometimes.When your boyfriend gets into the car and drives off,you just pray,that he ends the race in one whole piece.My biggest fear is Lando crashing,which I hope will never happen again.

We walked to the paddock,Lando had to get ready and prepare for the race,so I decided to go see Aleksandra,Charlses girlfriend to not disturbe Landos work.We understood eachother really well.We bouth liked to talk about fashion and art.

The race has started.The lights went off and suddenly I could hear the engines of the cars start.I looked at the screen,that was infront of me praying for all the drivers safety.The fourth lap started and I saw a car hitting the barrier.It was a Mclaren car.Shit.It was Landos car.I saw him shaking and telling his feam he was ok,but by his voice I could tell,that he was not ok.I took all my stuff and immediately ran to the mclaren hospitality.I saw Lando being transported into a ambulance,for some tests.

I drove as fast a I could to the hospital,where Lando was checked on.I waited for about one hour in pure stress and anxiety,for the doctor to come out and tell me what was going on.

-"Hello,are you Y/n Y/l/n ?",the doctor asked.

-"Yes,I am,his girlfriend!Is he ok?What is happening?"

-"He is ok,we still have to do some tests,but you can stay with him now!He is in room 475."

-"Thank you verry much!"

I walked as fast as I could to the room,where Lando was laying in.I saw him sleeping in the hospital bed.I can't even imagine how scared he was.I knew he was not ok.He lied to his team.His shacking Hand explained everything.

I sat on the chair next to his bed.About 20 minutes later,he started to open his eyes.I immediately walked up to him when I noticed that.I leaned down to him and held his hand.

-"Lan how are you feeling?"

-"I'm all good babe!",he facked his smile.

-"Babe,I know that you are lying,tell me the truth!Please Lan!"

-"Little dizzy,nothing special.I was just scared when I crashed,that's why I was shaking!I'm all good babe."

-"God,you scared me so much Lando.I was so scared,that you were hurt.",a tear left my eyes.

-"I'm sorry Babe.Come here."

I hugged him tight.He looked at my face and wiped my tear away with his thumb.The sweet moment got disturbed by the doctor I talked with earlier.He told us that Lando was ready to leave the hospital.He took his stuff and we left.We decided to return to the paddock and watch the rest of the race together.

We entered the paddock and all of the paparazzis were taking pictures of Lando and me.They asked if he was ok and what caused the crash.He just ignored the questions,grabbed my hand and we walked away.

We watched the rest of the race and then returned to our hotel.We both were tired and exhausted,that's why we decided to go to sleep earlier.

Lando was already sleeping,but I just couldn't stop thinking about his crash.What if something serious would have happened.I was lost in my thoughts thinking about all the dangerous situation i have seen life in this sport.I just prayed that nothing like that would happen to Lando.

-"What's on your mind pretty?",Landos sleepy voice asked.

-"Just don't scare me like that Lando."

-"I will try to keep my promise,now come and get some rest!"

I layed my head down on his chest,hearing his heartbeat.His body warmth comforting me.His fingers were drawing little circles arround my back.Some minutes later I feel asleep in my boyfriends arms.

🏎
Hope you like this one!A little short,but I like it!
XOXO
Laila