gone

Warnings: parent loss

Your heart skipped a beat when you found out that your dad was diagnosed with cancer.The only one parent,that you had left,was slowly losing his spark and still fighting for his life.It trully hurted you so much,to see your dad suffer and the worst part of it all,was that you couldn't do anything about it.Nothing really helped,your dad was losing hope and was about to give up.

The worst part of it all,was that your father was placed at a hospital in Bristol,your hometown.You weren't able to stay there the whole time with him,due to your finals and uni,but you tried your best to fly out to him every two weeks.Lando knew how hard it was to you and also tried to travel with you from time to time,but it wasn't easy,because of his carrer.

-"How are you babe?",he leaned down to you,while you were sitting at the table and doing your school work.He rested his arms on your shoulders and pecked your lips.

-"I'm ok,could be better.",you looked up to him and gave him a proper kiss.

-"Do you have a lot work left?"

-"No,not really.I was going to turn the computer off now anyways."

-"Do you want to watch a movie together?"

-"I would love to Lan.",you smiled.

You saved your work and turned the computer off.Lando wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a tight hug.After a second you let go of his body and looked into his eyes,he was smiling like crazy and ofcourse placed another kiss on your lips.He lifted you up,placed his hands under your thighs and walked to your bedroom.

He let you down on the floor once you reached the room.You decided to take a shower before going to bed and grabbed one of Landos hoodies to change into.You let the hot water run down your body and enjoyed the warmth of the shower.Suddenly something clicked inside of you and thoughts about your dad filled your mind again.You turned the water down and couldn't hold back anymore,tears rolled down your cheeks,loud sobs filled the bathroom.

Lando immediately rushed to the bathroom and stopped for a second,when he saw you sitting on the floor and crying your soul out.He didn't even hesitated and hugged your wet body,not carrying about his clothes,that were now wet too.He didn't let go of your body and let you cry into his shoulder.

-"Shhhh,it's ok sweetheart.It's ok.Let it all go,I'm here for you.",he let his fingers slide through you hair.

-"I can't lose him Lan!He's the only parent I have left!I just can't!I need to see him!I am so scared,that I'm not goin to be able to be held by him!",you broke down.

-"I know sweetheart,I know.He is a strong man,he is going to make it.",he wispered.

-"I just can't lose him Lando.",you sobbed once again.

-"Come on,let's get you cleaned up babe.",he slwoly let go of you and helped you to stand up.He took a towel and wrapped it arround your body.You dried yourself and Lando handed you over his hoodie,that you picked out before going into the shower.His eyes wandered to yours once again,he pulled a string of your hair behind your ear and placed a kiss on your cheek.

-"Babe,you are wet.Your clothes are soaked.",you wispered,while gently grabbing the hem of his hoodie.

-"I don't care princess,as long as you are fine,I'll be too."

-"No,it's not fine,let me.",you softly pulled his hoodie over his head and tossed it somewhere on the bathroom floor.You took a towel and dried his body,while you were doing that,he was following every move you made.

-"I love you babe.",he broke the silence.

-"I love you too Lan"

You both returned to your bedroom and picked a movie to watch.The rest of the night went really well and you ended up falling asleep on Landos chest.

You woke up to your phone ringing.You didn't know who it was,just a random number calling,but you decided to pick up and see who it is.

-"Who is this?",you asked,while quietly getting out of Landos arms,not wanting to wake him up.

-"Am I speaking to mrs.Y/l/n?",the lady behind the screen asked.

-"Yes,that's me.What's going on?"

-"I'm sorry to inform you,but sadly your father passd away some hours ago.",you stopped for a second and just stood still.You didn't want to believe in what the lady just told you.

-"What do you mean?He can't be gone!Please do something!Please!"

-"I am sorry,but there is nothing we can do anymore.He wanted to let you know,that he loves you really much and that he is happy that you have your boyfriend there,who he trusted,to take care of you."

-"No,no,no,no,no.",you sobbed.

-"I am really sorry,we are here if you need any professional help or something else.Just call us.I'll let you know,if we have any more informations,remember that you are not alone.Goodbye.",she hung up.

Tears were falling to the floor.You didn't wanted to believe,that he was gone.You were left alone.You took your jacket and went outside to your garden,were you sat down on the floor and cried your eyes out.

You turned arround,because you heard some noises behind you.You could tell it was Lando,because he was wearing his neon green beanie.He sat down next to you and cuddled you up in the blanket he brought with him.

-"What's wrong sweetheart?",he calmly asked.

-"He's gone."

-"How do you know?"

-"They called me and told me that he said that he really loves me and is happy that I have you.I didn't even get to see him for the last time.I just don't want this to be real."

-"I know babe,I know.It's going to be ok,trust me.We will go through this together."

-"But I don't want this story to end like this,not now!"

-"I'm with you Y/n and I will do anything to help you get through it.You are not alone."

-"Thank you for everything Lan."

-"You don't need to thank me Y/n.It's my pleasure."

You and Lando sat there for a good amount of time.Cuddled up in the warm blanket,while looking at the skye full of stars.Your eyes started to feal heavy and your body gave in.You feel asleep in his arms,tired of all the crying and news you got told today.

🏎
Finally a longer one!Hope you will like it!
XOXO
Laila