Chapter 2

Eleanora loved hotels. Something about them seemed elegant, even if it wasn't an overly expensive room. However, she has lived in this hotel room for almost two weeks and was tired.

The walls were brown and the carpet was too itchy underfoot. The bed was fine, but she hated the feel of the duvet. Oh, and she had to eat in this bed because she didn't want to waste her money on an expensive hotel room with a dining room table. No, she wanted to save her money so she could buy an apartment that she really wanted to live in.

Eleanora gave a small snort as she searched the dresser for her box of cereal bars. She had to leave the hotel in the next three minutes or she would be late for work, and she refused to be late unless it was an emergency.

"Damn." She screamed, throwing her head back. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, then shook her arms. She quickly grabbed her purse and keys, put on her shoes and ran out the door.

As she passed people in the lobby, she smiled at them and waved to some of the workers. When she walked out the hall doors, she readjusted her purse and headed toward his car. "I need a place." She grumbled to herself.

Eleanora arrived at work exactly in the time she needed, quickly putting on her robe and putting her hair in a ponytail before searching the hallways for her friends.

A big smile appeared on her face when she saw George, Meredith and Izzie talking. George and Izzie had pleading looks on their faces while Meredith looked bored.

"What's going on?" Eleanora asked slowly, raising an eyebrow. Meredith looked at her with eyes that screamed "help me," holding a coffee in her hands.

"She's looking for roommates and won't even think about us!" Izzie complains, George nods. Eleanora straightens her back, looking at Meredith with bright eyes.

"I'm a very clean person. I like to be tidy and I love to clean. I know how to cook real food, not just boxed stuff. My family has an amazing Carbonara recipe that people fight over. And I'm calm! I might as well do the shopping!"

Meredith stopped her steps, looking at the girl. She then sighed, shaking her head. "We're together 100 hours a week. Do you really want to live together? Anyway, I only have two bedrooms and a stuffy attic, so only two people can stay there."

Eleanora opened her mouth, about to launch into a full speech about how she could take the attic if she wanted, that she could fix it up and leave all the attic stuff behind a partition. However, Cristina appeared, looking at the coffee in Mer's hands with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, are you bringing bribes now?"

Meredith huffed, rolling her eyes. George continued to press Meredith; his voice high-pitched.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs! I have to get out of there!" He complained. Eleanora places a hand on his shoulder, giving him a comforting smile.

"Uniforms need ironing sometimes. Especially ours. They're too light and you can see every line and wrinkle in them. Kind of annoying." George raised his eyebrows as he looked at her, tilting his head.

"Really?"

"It's not a bribe," Meredith began, looking at Cristina with a sharp look. "And I don't think that's a good idea." The last of her words were directed to the three behind her.

Izzie, George, and Eleanora quickly launched into trying to change Meredith's mind. Cristina laughed, pointing to the coffee. "That? Totally a bribe."

Meredith huffed, turning to all of her friends. "No! I just want two complete strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe! It's a Mocha Latte."