Chapter 12

"No, you don't have to stay." Cristina murmured, wincing as she made it her point to look at Eleanora. The girl had stayed the last two nights and would probably stay for the rest of her post-op stay.

"Yes, I do." Eleanora responded, placing the small couch in the corner for her to sleep on. "I promised you that you wouldn't be alone. Your mom goes back to the hotel and I'll stay." She plopped down on the couch, stretching before snuggling under her blanket.

Cristina scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Ya Ya." She was silent for a moment before she spoke again. "Hey, aren't your parents coming tomorrow?"

Eleanora hummed. "Yes. Bailey agreed to let me skip rounds tomorrow on the condition that I work on discharge and the pit. I'll pick them up at the airport around 6." She adjusted the hospital pillow beneath her, turning her back to her friend so she could snuggle against the back of the couch.

Cristina huffed, turning off the lamp. "You are such a good daughter." It was for a moment, then she laughed. "You're probably a daddy's girl. Am I right?"

Eleanora pouted. "I hate you."

"No, it's not like that."

It was quiet again and Eleanora soon fell half asleep. Cristina broke the silence, her voice soft and slightly weak from her.

"Thank you for staying, Sunshine."

Eleanora smiled, keeping her eyes closed. "I told you I'd be here, and I meant it, Cristina. Now go to sleep."

The Airports have always been a love of Eleanora. Her family had traveled to Italy every other summer and sometimes during school holidays. They had also traveled to other places during their childhood and college years, such as Rome, Ireland, Canada, and a good portion of the states. This time, Eleanora was standing at the Seattle airport, hoping to see at least one person from her family in the next five minutes.

They had decided almost as soon as Eleanora accepted residency at Seattle Grace that they would visit her after a month or two, all of them.

Eleanora had tried to explain that she wouldn't be able to spend every day with them and that she would realistically only be able to see them for a few hours of their three-day trip. However, every human being in her immediate family was stubborn as hell and would never listen to an excuse like that.

Her mother had told her that it was stupid, that she could see them for those few hours and that they would be the best hours she had had in her entire time there. Her father said they would go sightseeing while she worked and that he would prepare food for her for at LEAST a week. However, her siblings would be harder to please.

Enzo's fiancé was still in New York and would undoubtedly be pouting all the time, and her younger brother Max would probably be working towards his master's program. The only one who might enjoy this vacation was her younger sister, Sabrina. She was in her third year of high school, and was no doubt getting an excused absence for a "family matter."

7

Eleanora's head perked up as she heard shouting, a smile forming on her lips. Her father was always bossy at airports, worried that everyone would lose their luggage if they weren't focused enough.

She brightened when he saw the tall, tanned figure of her older brother. She let out a scream, rushing forward. "Enzo!!"

His head snapped up and a laugh escaped him. They hugged; she squeezed him tightly and​ he rocked them from side to side. "Eleanora! God woman, you are shorter from what I remember!"