Chapter 14

"You have to stop freaking out." Meredith told Eleanora, running her fingers through her friend's hair. Derek was asleep on one side of Meredith, Eleanora on the other, curled up and resting her head on Meredith's stomach.

"I can't stop being scared. I haven't told anyone in my family about us, and now my brother is not only moving to Seattle, but he's also working at the same hospital. I think I have a right to be scared." Eleanora whispered hotly, hugging her friend's waist a little closer.

Derek was still asleep, and Eleanora didn't really want to wake him when she was talking about her relationship. A relationship with his best friend since childhood that, according to Mark, would not be well received.

Meredith sighed, but before she could speak a knock sounded on the door. Derek groaned at the disturbing noise, waking up from his sleep. Eleanora raised her head from where she was on Meredith's stomach, looking toward the door.

"Are you up?" Cristina asks, entering with coffees in hand.

"No." Derek responds before walking over to the edge and turning his back on the three friends. Meredith and Eleanora reposition themselves to make room for Cristina, happily drinking the offered coffee.

Cristina looks at her two friends with her eyebrows slightly raised, her voice serious. "The Wicked Witch, she's dead."

Eleanora lets out a gasp, sipping her coffee as her eyes widen. Meredith grimaces, raising an eyebrow before asking, "Metaphorically dead or really dead?"

"Who are we talking about?" Derek asked with his eyes closed. The three women looked at him, speaking at the same time.

"Hahn."

Cristina continued talking to her friends, her voice had a touch of amazement. "Her name is off the surgical board, her surgeries have been canceled. I don't know how or why, but I know Hahn is gone."

"That's a shame, she was really talented." Derek said. Eleanora frowned and turned her head to look at the man. Meredith and Cristina just seemed upset, which he soon realized. A small light bulb went off in his head. "You're not talking to me."

When the three of them shook their heads, he just let out a sigh and got out of bed, walking out the door and down the stairs.

Eleanora took a sip of coffee and slumped against the headboard. "I have to go to the Psych floor before rounds to see Max."

Cristina looked at her with a wrinkled nose, sipping her own coffee. "Is he on the Psych floor?"

"Yes," Eleanora sighed. "The social workers who work for the hospital have an office there. I didn't know that before he told me."

Cristina snorted, smiling to herself. "Well, you're doing the same thing with McSteamy. Seriously, do you think you can get away with this without telling him?"

"We haven't told many people!" Eleanora protested. "We're good at hiding it."

Meredith laughed and patted her arm. "No, you're not. Anyone with a brain could tell."

"Except for Derek." Cristina added, Meredith nodding her head.

"Except for Derek."

Hearing a female voice shouting, the three friends raised their heads to look at the door. A blonde woman ran in, a crooked smile on her face as her eyes focused on Meredith.

"Death?"

Eleanora tilted her head, letting out a squeal as the blonde woman lunged at her and Cristina to grab hold of Meredith, who was giggling with excitement. Eleanora leaned toward Cristina, who put an arm around Eleanora to make sure she didn't hit her head on her headboard.