Chapter 16

Walking towards Joes with her fingers intertwined with Alex's, Eleanora rambled, trying to let time make her feel better. She had been taking crap from the other interns all day, and she was in a bad mood about it.

"I think working with Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd is amazing, honey." She spoke, squeezing his hand. He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he led them to the bar. "I personally love working with her-"

"Oh, Butthead! Hey!"

Eleanora's head turns to the side, brow furrowed. Izzie dismisses her. "Not you, Eleanora. Your boyfriend's an ass."

Eleanora opened her mouth to scold her friend, but Alex was quick-witted. It was something she loved about him, even if it got him into more trouble than good.

"Isobel Stevens has finally left the hospital. Does this mean the heart patient finally kicked it?" Alex scoffed; Izzie's face fell. Eleanora squeezed his hand tightly in warning, not letting her eyes leave the blonde.

Izzie gave a dry laugh, waving her arms over the part of the bar where she, Meredith, and Cristina were sitting. "Sorry, this section of the bar is for surgeons. We don't socialize with gynecologists."

Eleanora felt a slight anger rising within her, taking a small step forward. Cristina let out an 'ooohh', and Meredith backed away. Izzie gave her a strange look; Eleanora narrowed her eyes.

"Is there something wrong with gynecology, Izzie? Are you saying that something that Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd, one of the highest-paid and most talented surgeons in the entire world, specializes in is less than what you do? You, an intern who barely made it to her required OR time? Because I can let you know the next time, I see her."

Izzie looked at her, deflating a small in her seat. "N-no."

Elenaora snorted, nodding. "That's what I thought."

She turned, Alex grabbed her waist and squeezed her tightly. He smiled widely at her, Eleanora mirroring him. He pressed her lips against his, murmuring against them once he pulled away from her.

"That's my girl." Eleanora laughed at that, turning to Joe to order a drink. She felt someone get in between her and Izzie and turned her head to see George and Callie.

Eleanora liked Callie; she really did. From what George had told her, she was good to him and he liked her a lot. Eleanora hadn't had many conversations with her, but the few they did have were full of laughter.

For some reason, Izzie didn't like her. Cristina wasn't really bothered by the fact, and Meredith was hesitant. But Eleanora didn't understand why no one seemed to be happy for George and what did they have against the Resident of Ortho.

Izzie gave the woman a wave, but it reminded Eleanora of the mean girls at school who didn't really care and would make fun of you as soon as you turned your back on them.

Callie huffed, turning her back on them. She looked at Eleanora with wide eyes, "help me," making the smaller girl give her an apologetic look.

"You can sit with Alex and I if you want?" She asked softly, giving Joe a grateful smile as he handed her the beer she ordered.

Callie looked over her shoulder at George, who was talking to Izzie. She sighed, shaking her head. "No, it's okay. I'll live, even if having to be so close to her makes me feel like I'm walking into a pit of snakes." She joked, making Eleanora laugh.

Alex grabbed his own drink and got his girlfriend's attention by squeezing her waist. "I'm going to go play a round of darts." They shared a quick kiss, he left with a wink.

Eleanora rolled her eyes playfully, focusing on Callie. She took a sip of her beer, flashing a bright smile. "I guess you'll have me until Alex finishes playing darts and drags me home."