Chapter 10

S7 EP14

Mark opens the door to Callie's apartment, his hand on his wife's back as they enter. Eleanora gave Arizona and Callie a smile, her eyes landing on her brother who was occupying Callie's couch with a plate of food balanced on his lap.

"You're early." Eleanora pointed out, heading to the counter. Max shrugged, taking some of the toast from him.

"I thought it was only fair if I made them breakfast once in a while."

Eleanora laughed and sat down at the counter. Callie turned to Mark and raised her eyebrow. "Mark, tell her. I can drink a regular cup of coffee."

Eleanora focuses on the smoothie in Arizona's hand, her nose wrinkling at the sight. "That looks absolutely disgusting."

"Of course you can." Mark agrees with Callie, opening the newspaper in his hands as he leans against the counter. Arizona raised an eyebrow, turning to Mark.

"Oh, w-wait, Mark. Do you know there are studies linking caffeine to premature birth, low birth weight, and other birth defects?"

Eleanora's face slowly fell, her eyes sliding to the untouched coffee in the cup in her hand. Mark is quiet for a moment before slowly removing the cup from his wife's hand. "That slimy stuff looks great. I say you both take the slimy stuff."

The two had told Arizona and Callie almost immediately after Max, the knowledge that Eleanora and Callie would be pregnant together was too great to share between the three of them.

Arizona perked up, pouring another glass of the slimy stuff for Eleanora before sliding it towards her. Eleanora picked it up slowly, sniffing it. Once the smell hit her, she released a small gag, placing it as far away from her as possible.

"She doesn't drink kale." Max spoke and approached the counter. "But you should both drink it if it's healthier for you."

"Okay," Callie laughed, looking between the three non-pregnant people, "you three can't just dictate what we're allowed to eat and drink."

"No one dictates anything. But now you're pregnant, so things have to be different. You both need to eat better, take it easy at work." Arizona then turned her eyes to Ella. "You need to tell the Chief as soon as possible because you need to be able to have breaks during the day. Carrying twins can exhaust you even more and can make it easier to miscarry."

Eleanora frowned, her eyes flashing to Mark for a moment. "I have to tell other people before I tell the Chief."

"Then tell them today." Max hummed. Arizona sent him a look before focusing back on her girlfriend, since she was the one who complained the most about the coffee.

"If it helps, we'll give up caffeine too."

Max let out a gasp, about to open his mouth to argue. However, Mark shot him a furious look, making the young man calm down. Callie looked directly at her girlfriend; her voice monotonous.

"That doesn't help anyone."

"Well, how about you three put it to a vote?" Mark asks them, putting an arm around his wife. Eleanora nudges him lightly, hissing.

"Don't get involved in that, Mark."

"No, Mark is right." Max said, nodding. "A vote would be the smart thing to do. So, everyone in favor of Callie drinking coffee, raise your hand."

Callie raised her hand, her smile disappearing from her face when she realized Max hadn't raised it. "Max, what-"

"The baby's doctor says coffee is bad for you and the baby." Max tells her. Arizona smiles, nodding her head before sending Max a slightly harsh look.