Chapter 11

"What is Izzie doing?" Eleanora asked George, narrowing her eyes at the blonde. She was laughing alongside Alex, joking with him. And Eleanora didn't like it.

"I think they're... friends?" he responded, bowing his head. Eleanora's eyes widened slightly and she looked at her best friend, her voice shocked.

"Izzie? What about Alex? Izzie hates Alex! She literally told me she hates Alex multiple times!"

George nodded and picked up his pager. "Yes, I know."

Eleanora followed George as they walked towards the hallway. Eleanora looked at them as they passed and Alex looked into her eyes. Her smile fell slightly and she cleared her throat, looking down.

Eleanora frowned, looking back at George once they were in the hallway, trying to catch up with Meredith and Cristina.

"So now that I'm technically not with Alex, she wants to be friends with him? I mean, I'm all for everyone being friends with Alex because he's nice and kind-" George snorted and Eleanora punched him in the arm, continuing. "But she was always mean to me about him, and now she's a friend? I don't like her."

George sighed and shrugged. "I don't know, maybe she's just trying to be nice to him for you? I mean, you told us all, you'd talk to him in a day or two, right?" She nodded and bit the inside of her cheek. "So, we know you two are going to get back together. Izzie just wants everything to be better for all of us, I'm sure."

Eleanora nodded and took a deep breath. "Yes. Yes, you're right.

George smiled and squeezed her arm reassuringly. "I'm right about it."

"Kelly Roche. She's 23 years old. Expect an STD scheduled to treat her hyperpyrexia erythrophobia." Alex introduced; Eleanora next to him. She looked around her, giving Kelly a smile.

"Erythrophobia?" Izzie asked, frowning. Eleanora looked at her and nodded.

"That's a fancy word for blush. Right, Kelly?" She turned her eyes to the patient, who was still fanning herself.

"Yes ma'am."

Alex snorted; Eleanora elbowed him in the ribs. She let out a small hiss, but her smile didn't fade. It was obvious that the two were happier around each other, even if they weren't technically together.

"Do you have any questions before the procedure?" Dr. Bailey asked Kelly, flipping through the chart for a moment.

"Oh, no. Dr. Shep... Dr. Shepherd-" Kelly's face was beginning to turn blood red, and Eleanora's eyes softened. She moved behind Alex to grab the wet washcloth next to the bed and handed it to her. Kelly gave her a grateful look, placing it on her cheeks and then fanning herself.

"- Dr. Shepherd explained everything to me, he was very, uh... helpful. He gave me a... I'm so sorry."

Eleanora shook her head, giving her a soft, comforting smile. "Don't apologize, Kelly. There's nothing to be sorry for, okay?" Eleanora looked up to see most of her fellow interns struggling to hide their smiles. Her eyes widened a small and she shook her head dryly, pursing her lips.

"Yes, half the patients who come here crush on Shepherd." Alex butted in, causing Eleanora and Dr. Bailey's heads to turn towards him.

"Dr. Karev!" Bailey hissed. Eleanora grabbed his arm and began to push him out of the room.

"We'll update the file outside really quick, Dr. Bailey." Eleanora responded, Alex snorting at her words.

Once they were outside, she put her hands on her hips. "Alex, that's not right! She can't help it, and if you make fun of her like that it'll make her even worse!"