Chapter 2

Leaning with Cristina at the back of the elevator, Eleanora was flipping through a newly published Neuro article when Derek entered the elevator.

Her eyes fixed on Meredith, anxiety rising in her chest. The two had been separated for a week and Meredith hadn't talked about him.

Eleanora gave Derek a smile, greeting him. "Good morning, Dr. Shepherd."

Derek nodded, his eyes on Meredith as he stood shoulder to shoulder with her. "Good morning, Ella."

Eleanora looked at Cristina, who simply shrugged, focusing on her own book she was reading. It was silent for a few seconds before Meredith spoke.

"Hey." She said to Derek, Derek looking at her with amused eyes.

"Hey."

"How are you today?" Meredith asks, her words making both Eleanora and Cristina look up from what they were reading. Cristina raises an eyebrow as she looks at the two, and Eleanora has her nose wrinkled in conMerger.

"Good." Derek responded, his voice sounding a little too... giddy.

"Brilliant."

The elevator doors open and Derek and Meredith step out at the same time. Eleanora and Cristina follow slowly, Eleanora whispering to her taller friend.

"Was that strange for you, or am I just imagining things?"

Cristina nodded, closed her book and put it in her bag. "Definitely strange."

They follow Meredith from a distance, watching her cautiously. Finally, Cristina bursts out, hissing at Eleanora.

"She's doing it with McDreamy. She's doing it with McDreamy and she's lying about it."

Eleanora's eyes widen, about to try to defend Meredith. However, she began to think about it and finally let out a sigh, nodding her head sadly.

"She's having sex with McDreamy and she's lying about it."

"She thinks we're weak, that we're fragile. Like we can't handle it because of Burke and Alex." Cristina seems angry and Eleanora looks at her with offended eyes.

"I'm not fragile because of Alex! I had my breakdown, I'm fine now." Eleanora states proudly, Cristina scoffing.

"Please, you barely look at the boy and actively sneak in and out of your own house so you don't have to talk to him."

Eleanora pouted, stomping her foot lightly as the two turned to enter the resident lounge.

"I hate that you don't play dumb and act like you don't know anything."

Cristina gives her a sickeningly sweet smile, stuffing her bag into her cubby. "I need to keep you real, Sunshine."

Eleanora's talking to her interns next to a nurses' station, writing notes from morning rounds on her latest chart of patients. "Okay, assignments. Jefferson, you'll do routine work. Hanson, you're in the pit with one of Karev's interns. And Galley, you're with me." She gives everyone a smile, Jefferson and Hanson run to their assignments.

Galley, also known as Molly, gives Eleanora a small smile. "What do we have today, Dr. A?"

Eleanora hands a nurse the chart she finished, turning fully to Molly. "We'll be scrubbing in on Dr. Shepherd's aneurysm in two hours, and after that we're just handling some post-op."

Eleanora heard running footsteps, her eyes falling on Meredith and Alex as they ran down the hallway. She frowned, calling them worried. "What's happening?"