Chapter 9

Eleanora giggled, holding on to Mark's shoulders as he lifted her against the wall in an on-call room. Mark had a smile on his lips as he pressed kisses to her jaw and squeezed the bottom of her thighs. Her legs were wrapped around his waist, Mark holding the smaller woman comfortably in his arms.

"I told you I don't want to have sex in the hospital." She told him, but she still tilted her head to give him more space.

"We're not having sex, Nora. We're just having a fun, hands-on teaching experience."

Eleanora laughed, pulling the hair at the back of his neck when he bit her jaw. Her voice was breathless as she spoke, leaning her head back against the wall as she closed her eyes. "What are you teaching me, exactly?"

Mark chuckled, moving his lips to her face. He raised a seductive eyebrow, squeezing the underside of her thighs once more to make her look at him. "How amazing it would be to have sex with me in the on-call rooms."

Eleanora punched him on the shoulder, but pressed their lips together. Their kiss slowly became heated, Eleanora tore off Mark's shirt and he pulled it off as soon as she hit the ground. However, before they could get much further, a knock on the door made them both freeze. The voice behind the knock made their blood run cold and their hearts drop.

"Dr. Sloan?" Dr. Bailey asked, her voice completely unimpressed. He and Eleanora shared a wide-eyed look of panic. Mark practically dropped Eleanora, the smaller girl rushing to hide behind the bunk bed and holding her scrub top against her bra-covered chest.

Mark opened the door, hiding part of his naked torso behind it. He gave Bailey a brief smile, his voice a little low and raspy. "Dr. Bailey." His eyes fell on the little boy, his voice rising in pitch. "Dr. Bailey's baby."

Eleanora let out a squeal, but covered her mouth with her hand to silence it. She closed her eyes tightly, her heart beating faster as slight shame washed over her. Was Tuck out there?

"It appears that Nurse Tanya is no longer available for your liposuction at 10:00. Should I cancel the procedure?" Bailey said, giving the Attending a disgusted look.

He let out a short laugh, shaking his head. "Get me another nurse. Get me... Kate, yeah. Get me Kate." He quickly closed the door, turning to look at Eleanora with wide eyes.

His face was slightly pale, and Eleanora crawled over to hit his chest. "Was Tuck out there? You talked to Dr. Bailey shirtless while her son was there?!"

Mark looked at her like she was crazy, his voice a whisper. "I didn't know her baby was there, otherwise I would have put my shirt on!"

Their argument was interrupted by another knock, both of them looking at each other. Bailey's voice spoke again, but this time it was harsher.

"Dr. Amedeo, since you are on Ortho today, do you think Dr. Torres would be okay with giving Dr. Sloan Nurse Kate? She can do both if we delay Dr. Torres' procedure by an hour."

Eleanora walked slowly to the door and slowly opened it. She glanced around her, hiding the entirety of her body behind it.

"I-I'm sure she'll be fine with that, D-Dr. Bailey." Eleanora looked at Tuck in the stroller, the baby laughing at the sight of his technical aunt. "Hello handsome boy!"

Bailey gave Eleanora a look that the younger resident absolutely hated. "Don't talk to my son shirtless, Amedeo."

"Of course, Dr. Bailey. You...w-you won't tell anyone, right?"

Bailey huffed, writing on the clipboard in her hands. "I'm not stupid. Put on a shirt and get back to work."

Eleanora closed the door quickly, turning to... Mark. "I think I should go and start rounds."