Chapter 19

Eleanora grimaced, handing Meredith a bottle of Pepto. Meredith was pale and shaky, and generally looked like a total shit.

"Are you OK?" She asked worriedly, Meredith taking a big gulp of the bright pink medicine. She dismissed Eleanora, nodding.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." When Eleanora just looked at her, unconvinced, Meredith shooed her away. "I'm serious!"

Eleanora raised her hands in defeat, closing her locker. She turned to join Alex and George's conversation, braiding her hair as she waited to leave.

"So, Izzie left the house this morning. That's a good sign." George said hopefully, looking at the couple before him.

Alex huffed, putting on his shirt. "Yeah." Eleanora rolled her eyes and looked at George as she finished her braid.

"It's a good sign. It means things are starting to get back on a normal schedule." Eleanora's nose wrinkled as Meredith joined them, her eyes filled with concern for her friend. George noticed the state she was in and looked at her with the same concern.

"Are you OK?"

Meredith nodded, taking a few deep breaths. "I'm fine, but I don't feel like myself."

Her words made Alex laugh, closing his locker. "O'Malley has that effect on women. Ask Dr. Torres." Eleanora hit his chest, pointing at him.

"It's not funny!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" George asked, looking at him with an offended look. Alex stared at him; his voice flat.

"You kicked her out on her ass." George looked at Eleanora with wide eyes, her own widening in response. It seemed like she had betrayed him, which she knew for a fact that she hadn't.

"Don't look at me! I didn't tell him anything!" She defended herself, turning and leaving the locker room. Everyone followed her, Meredith, although a little slower.

"Torres told me." Alex said, smiling. "Don't worry, I understand. She's good but she's not for you."

"Why's that?" George asked, hoping that Alex would actually understand and help him. Eleanora knew where this was going, shaking her head to herself.

"Because she's hot."

"Alexander Michael!" Eleanora hissed, turning her head to look at her boyfriend. His own eyes widened, his face paling at the use of his full name. George laughed, but quickly looked away from him when Eleanora's gaze hit him.

After rounds, the interns stood next to a desk waiting for their assignments. Eleanora rested her elbows on her desk and rested her head in her hands, giving Meredith another concerned look.

Dr. Bailey seemed to notice, wrinkling her nose as she looked at Meredith. "Are you okay, Dr. Grey?"

Meredith nodded, leaning against the wall. "Yes, Dr. Bailey. I just need to make a choice, that's all." Eleanora rolled her eyes at that, shaking her head.

"This isn't a stress thing, Meredith. You look like death, and I don't think it'll just go away if you choose between Shepherd and Finn!"

As if Eleanora had summoned him, Derek stops next to the group and looks at them all. "Dr. Grey, Dr. Amedeo, I'm clipping a basilar tip aneurysm. Do you have any interest?" He paused when he saw something behind Eleanora, the young doctor turning around to see.

Addison was there, about to ask Dr. Bailey a question. Eleanora shrugged and turned around when she heard Addison's surprised voice.

"Oh my God."