Chapter 22

"Maybe she'll be on the "look but don't touch" patrol too. At least I'll have company." Eleanora sighed at Izzie's words, not looking up from where she was tying her shoes.

They had just been informed of what was really happening with Cristina and how she had practically been performing the surgeries for Burke.

Was Eleanora upset? Yes, definitely. But it wasn't because Cristina was having all these surgeries, it was because Cristina was suffering and she was being handed all this responsibility that she couldn't handle and she never told her or Meredith.

"Whatever she gets, I hope it's bad. Really bad." Eleanora's head turned toward her boyfriend at his words, and she straightened her back enough to knock the granola bar out of his hand. She glared at him and set the granola bar on the bench next to her foot, retying her shoes.

Meredith made a little noise, turning towards the people who were speaking badly of Cristina. "She made a mistake! We all make-"

"A mistake?" George asked, scoffing. Eleanora looked at him through his lashes, her face softening. "I was going to let Burke, Shaking Hand Burke, operate on my father!"

Eleanora stood up straight, grabbed the granola bar she stole from her now offended boyfriend, and took a bite. "We still have to remember that Cristina is our friend, and-"

Cristina took advantage of that exact moment to enter the locker room. All eyes fell on her, her face turning into a frown. She focused on George's face and let out a noise, flinging open her locker.

"Could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy and makes you look like you haven't been fed."

Alex, Izzie and George made signs of anger and hatred for Cristina, leaving the room. Eleanora made a little noise, trying to get them to stay. "Guys, seriously? You think we can get through this without talking?!"

Once everyone left, Eleanora deflated. She turned to her two friends and saw Meredith giving her a sign. Eleanora approached Cristina slowly, the woman gave her a strange look.

Eleanora then let her lips turn into a pout and softened her eyes, trying to look "sweet and innocent and pleading," as Meredith put it this morning.

"Oh, stop that." Cristina hissed, pointing at Eleanora. "I don't want to deal with you making me feel like a kicked puppy either."

The expression faded from Eleanora's face and Meredith snorted. Meredith just gave Eleanora a little smile, nodding her head toward the door and saying "go." Eleanora sighed, looking at Cristina for a moment.

Eleanora quickly closed her friend in a tight hug, running almost in less than a second after she pulled away, knowing that Cristina would want to kill her.

"S-stop it! I'm going to kick your ass, Sunshine!"

Eleanora stopped running once she reached the outside of the locker room, taking a few breaths before heading in the direction of her first patient for rounds. She ran into Dr. Bailey going in the opposite direction, frowning when the woman stopped her.

Bailey gestured toward the locker room, her voice and face angry as hell. "Is Yang there?"

Eleanora nodded her head slowly, a slight fear building up in her. She loved Dr. Bailey; she really loved her. But the woman was scary as hell and she could make Eleanora cry with just one look if she wanted to.

"Yes? She's putting on her scrubs-"

Bailey waved her off, walking towards the locker room. "Continue on your way to rounds, Amedeo."

Eleanora looked at her for a second before shaking her head to herself and doing as she was told.