Chapter 1

S7 EP1

Eleanora walked alongside Cristina in the main lobby, both women flipping through a wedding magazine. Eleanora hadn't been able to do much else during work hours, since she hadn't yet been cleared for surgery. So, she helped in emergencies, helped run labs, and planned her wedding. Well, she planned her own wedding and then helped Cristina plan hers.

The elevators open, Eleanora looks up from the article she was reading about the importance of getting the right cake topper when she hears Meredith and Derek arguing.

"Oh, Derek got arrested again!" Meredith told her friends; Eleanora raised an eyebrow. "Reckless driving."

"Have you lost your license yet?" Cristina asked, grimacing. Eleanora laughed, focusing back on the article as the four friends headed down the hall so Derek could begin his 'welcome' speech.

"Please, they would never take away the license of the incredible Dr. Shepherd." Eleanora teased, Derek giving her a playful look. Meredith snorted, not finding the humor in the situation.

"No, because they don't charge him, because the police love him!" Derek took off his suit jacket and rolled his eyes at his wife's (understandable) agitation.

"Because I've saved some of their lives. They probably wouldn't take Eleanora's either, because she helped me save their lives." Derek argued.

"Well, Derek, there would be no need to take my license because I'm fine with my safe and legal driving." Eleanora added without looking up, turning the page.

Meredith snorted, looking first at Cristina's magazine and then at Eleanora's. "What are we searching for?"

"I'm trying to find a better color combination. Mark just doesn't scream 'yellow and off-white' to me." Eleanora told him.

"Dress color. I'm not going to wear white." Cristina responded to Meredith, changing the magazine for another. "It's sexist and... vaguely racist. No white, no veil, no rice."

"Well, you and Mark look good in dark blues and purples." Meredith said to Eleanora before refocusing her words on Cristina. "What will your mother say?"

"No mother." Cristina told her, Eleanora laughing. Meredith let out a sigh before turning to her husband, the four of them turning a corner.

"You know, I wasn't approved for surgery and I'm pretty sure it's your fault." Meredith told her husband; Derek rolled his eyes.

"Meredith, I'm the boss. I can override the advisor."

"Can You?" Meredith asked. Eleanora's head snapped up, her voice confusing her.

"Can you?"

"Yeah!" Derek laughed; Meredith smiled happily before pointing out a dress to Cristina.

"I love blue."

"Chief Shepherd, you're back!" April exclaimed, walking out of a nearby conference room. "I found a giant chordoma at the base of his skull. The biggest I've ever seen in my life. He came to the emergency room with trouble breathing."

Eleanora tore her eyes from the magazine to look over Derek's shoulder as April handed him the scans. She let out an 'oooh', her eyes lighting up.

"Were you cleared for surgery?" Meredith asked April, raising her eyebrows. April had become one of Mer's friends after the shooting and had even moved into one of the spare rooms, too sad to live alone in her and Reed's old apartment.

"Yeah!" April told her with a smile before focusing back on Derek and the scans.

"Bitch." Her and Eleanora's focus shifted away from the scans and April turned to Cristina, who wanted her opinion on the dress she had just found. April opens the doors to the surgical lobby, the crowd of doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff awaiting the speech applauding.