12

Lyra looked around the small café, every now and then she would glance at Calvin. He too was glancing right back at her.

"What?" She asks, pushing her hair out of her face. Calvin chuckles and shook his head, resting his palms flat on the table. "Why do you keep staring at me?" She questions.

"You're staring at me too." He laughs leaning back in his chair. His grandmother soon came over with a tray. Calvin stood up, "Here let me help you grandma," Calvin set the mugs on the table and grabbed the treats. "Thanks nana." He kissed her cheeks.

Lyra smiles thanking the elderly women as well. Calvin sat back down.

"You kids enjoy," She smiled walking away from the table to tend to the two people who just entered the café. Lyra picks up her cup, the fumes of the hot chocolate assaulting her nose.

"This smells so good," She hums, taking a sip of the hot chocolate. She moaned in delight at the taste of it. Calvin smiles, nodding his head in agreement. He picked up one of the cookies taking a huge bite of it.

"Ugh I forgot how good these cookies are." He grins, Lyra laughs watching him.

"You have chocolate on your face." Lyra tells him pointing to the corner of his mouth. Calvin darts his tongue out to get it. He couldn't. Lyra sigh and reaches forward using her thumb to swipe up the chocolate. Calvin watched her for a bit then cleared his throat.

"Thanks." He tells her picking up his hot chocolate. Lyra nods, deciding to try one of the cookies herself. Calvin continued to watch her with no shame. He didn't know why, but he felt a connection with her. He wanted to hang out more with her but he knew if Gavin found out there would be hell to pay.

The pair spent about two hours at the café, talking getting to know each other a bit more. Lyra was shocked to find out that Calvin and her did in fact have a lot in common.

"Come one, let's get you home before your aunt throws a fit." Calvin stands up putting on his jacket. Lyra gathers her things and follows him out of the café to his car.

"Thank you for taking me here." She says when they were seated in the car.

"It was no problem." Calvin starts up the car, driving in silence to her house. He parked the car a few houses down. He didn't want Gavin to catch glimpse of his car. Lyra opened the car door, starting to get out. "Hey Lyra?" Calvin grabbed hold of her hand. Lyra turns to look at him.

"I want to hang out with you again." He finally says, his blue eyes sparkling. Lyra bit her lips, glancing down at her fingers. Finally she nodded her head yes.

"Okay..." She whispers, Calvin smiled wide. He grabs his phone and hands it to her. Lyra took it and typed in her number then handed it back to him. "I have to go." She gets out the car, closing the door behind her. She waved at him and made her way down the road to her house. Calvin sat in his car, watching her walk. Once she turned to go up the path of the house, he drove away.

"Where were you?" Lyra's aunt asked her when she opened the door. Lyra rolls her eyes as she takes off her jacket.

"Out." With that said she left the presence of her aunt and made her way to her room. Her aunt looked to Tori, her eyes as wide a saucers.

"Did you see how rude she was?"

Tori laughed and walked away from her mother.

"I want that child out of this house!" Mrs. Hartnett said to herself, walking through the dinning room, her heels clicking which each step she took.