31

Lyra stopped crying, her eyes brightening just a bit. "He's not dead?" She just wanted another confirmation, just to make sure she had heard Paige correctly.

"My brother is on the recovery floor, I was just heading there right now. I don't know why they wouldn't let you come see him." Paige pressed the button to the floor Calvin was on. "I can't believe this happened. I understand Gavin is your cousin and all but I hope he gets life in prison for what he has done. Someone who is able to do what he has, should not be allowed to walk a free man." Paige ranted angrily. Lyra had to agree with everything Paige had said.

What could Calvin possibly do, to make Gavin want to harm him the way he did. It just did not make any sense.

"I feel bad for the Oslens. To loose a daughter because of whatever game Gavin was playing..what a waste of space." Lyra looks at Paige in confusion.

"What does Lauren have to do with this?" She questions, pulling Mason out of the elevator when it reached the floor they needed.

"Gavin killed Lauren."

Lyra shook her head as she followed Paige down the hall..."How is Calvin?" She asks, afraid to hear about his condition.

Paige plays with her fingers for a bit, "Well...he is fine right now..kind of." Paige mumbles staring down at the ground, another tear leaking from her eye.

"What do you mean by kind of?" Lyra was scared to hear the rest. She was happy that Calvin was okay, but Paige was making her worry.

"Calvin did die...on the operating table, but the doctors were able to revive him. Since his brain was deprived of oxygen for the short amount of time his heart stopped beating it shut down. The doctors said it is his body's way of repairing itself. He was shot three times, one went through his kidney, and the other two cracked four of his ribs. He pretty much has to be on dialysis now because his second kidney is starting to shut down." Paige explains to her.

"It's not fair, Calvin is a good person, why did this have to happen to him," Lyra cried.

"I don't know why bad things happen to good people. I'm just glad my brother is alive." Paige stops at the door, before slowly pushing it open. Lyra prepared herself to enter the room. When she did, she wanted to pull her hair out and fall to her knees.

"Calvin is in a coma..." Paige finally finishes as she walks over to her brother's side. "Mom has been crying all day, she thought she lost her only son. Dad hasn't been to work, this is all stressing him out."

"He doesn't look like he is doing too well," Mason comments as he reads all the machines. Being in the hospital all your life made you aware of a few things, especially reading machines.

"He's fighting, he wants to live, but his injuries should have killed him."

Lyra did not want to hear all of this, "Can I be alone with him?" Lyra asks softly. Paige nods her head, taking Mason out of the room with her. Lyra stares at Calvin lying in the hospital bed. Tubes were coming out of his nostrils, under his eyes were a dark purple. His skin was no longer sun kissed, but not a pasty grey white with a layer of sweat. Lyra reached out and grabbed his hand. She shivered at the coldness of his hand. "I'm so sorry," she sobs quietly as she plants a kiss on his chapped, pale lips. "You didn't deserve this," She whispers as she scans him over. He looked like a broken ken doll.

"I know it's a lot to ask, but please, if you can hear me, don't leave just yet. Remember, you told me we had our whole life to plan out. You can't go..." Lyra buries her face into his neck, breathing in his scent. His chest moved up and down with the help of the breathing machine. Besides that he was motionless, there was no other indication of life, besides his heart beating.

Lyra squeezed Calvin's hand then placed a kiss on it. "I don't think I can go on if you weren't here anymore. There are so many people who care about you Calvin. The world would have a huge loss if you didn't stay. I know you want to fight, you're strong Calvin. I love you so much. Please try to fight, don't let go," Lyra got up and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Don't let go."