13

"All done," Ivy smiled setting down the curling iron. She ran her hair through Lyra's curls satisfied with the results. Lyra smiles looking at herself in the mirror. She really liked how Ivy curled her hair. Lyra stood up and walked to her bed, she put on the dress that her aunt had made for. Although she hated the lady, she had to give her props for the dress she got her. The dress was a sleek black dress with a deep v-cut out in both the front and back.

"You look hot!" Ivy laughs as she applies her deep red lipstick to her lips.

"Thanks." Lyra giggles putting on her heels. She stood up, smoothing out the dress. She walked back over to the mirror and took one last look at herself before grabbing her purse. "Okay, are you ready to go?" Lyra asks Ivy. Ivy nods and picks up her clutch along with her car keys.

"Let's go." Lyra followed Ivy out the house and to the car. Today was the day of the annual party that the Doherty family always throw. Lyra was more excited to see Calvin then to attend this party. Her aunt and Uncle had left a little earlier then she did along with Gavin, Trey, and Tori.

When the pair arrived at the party, Lyra let out a huge breathe as she got out the car. She didn't realize how rich Calvin actually was.

"This is their house?!" Lyra holds onto Ivy's arm as they walked up the long steps to the entrance of the house. Ivy nods her head, a huge smile on her face.

"Yes!" Ivy laughs grabbing a wine glass from one of the waiters. Lyra looks all around the foyer, crystal beads hung all around, to her everything looked extremely fragile and expensive.

"Oh look there your aunt is." Ivy took a sip of the white wine. Lyra turned her head slightly to get a glimpse of her annoying aunt.

"Looks like she is trying to kiss up to them and they aren't even giving her a second glance. Hey...should I go over there? I bet she would go crazy since she doesn't like me." Lyra suggested. Ivy nods her head fast liking the idea.

"Go! Go!" Ivy chanted. Lyra laughed and smoothed down her dress as she made her way over to her aunt. She tapped her on the arm gently.

"Hey, I made it," Lyra smiles sweetly, her eyes gleaming in amusement. Her aunt looked at her as if she was a pest before smiling wide, wrapping her arms around her.

"Talia, you didn't tell us you had such a beautiful daughter." One of the older ladies smiles, her bright teeth almost blinding Lyra. How did she get them so white, Lyra thought as she looked the lady over.

Mrs. Hartnett mentally rolled her eyes at Renee Doherty. "She is not my daughter, silly." Mrs. Hartnett let out a fake laugh, squeezing Lyra's shoulder. "This is Lyra my niece." She finally introduced the teen.

Renee seemed to brighten up at her name, "Lyra? Hmmm would you happen to be the Lyra that hangs out with my son Calvin?"

"What?!" Mrs. Hartnett exclaims. Lyra gulps, a little shock that Mrs. Doherty knew about her.

"Uh...yeah how did you know?" Lyra says wincing as Mrs. Hartnett continued to add pressure to her shoulder. Agitated she pulled away from her aunt stepping closer to Calvin's mom.

"That boy does not stop talking about you." She smiles grabbing Lyra's arm, "come, come, you must meet John and Paige. Renee smiles at a few of her guests as she pointed out a few people to Lyra.

"That's the CEO of Subway," Renee tells her, "and over there is Tom Brady. He's a good fried of Calvin. He's been teaching Calvin a few things about football to help him make it to the NFL." Renee explains to her. Lyra smiles nodding her head. She liked how friendly and humble Renee was being unlike her cruel aunt. "So how are you liking Orange County Lyra?"

"It's okay, its taking a little bit of time to settle and get use to everything, but so far I like it. The people here are nice." Lyra lied, she didn't really like Orange County. The only people who were friendly to her was Mason, Lucia, Trey, Ivy, Calvin, and now Renee.

"That's wonderful dear- ah John come and meet Lyra, Calvin's friend." She said friend with a little wink making Mr. Doherty chuckle and Lyra blush.

"Nice to meet you Lyra," John grins holding his hand out for her to shake. Lyra smiles shaking his hand, she could see where Calvin got his good looks from.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Doherty."

"No, no call me John," He smiles, "Sorry to make this meeting short, I have to go talk to a person about a business transaction. Make yourself at home, eat, dance have fun. I'll make sure Calvin brings you over for dinner sometime this week." With that said Mr. Doherty had made his way back through the crowd greeting someone.

"Mrs. Doherty there is an issue with the appetizers you have requested. The chef would like to see you please." A waiter walked over to them. Renee sighed, running a hand through her blonde hair.

"I'm sorry dear, I'll be right back." Renee left, following the waiter into the kitchen.

Lyra stood there looking around the party. She stiffened when she felt someone cover her eyes.

"Guess who?" The person chuckles turning her around.

"Calvin you're not funny." Lyra smiles opening her eyes, looking up at him. "You clean up nicely." She jokes pointing out his tux.

"Haha very funny, I see you've met my parents." He fixes his collar. Lyra nods her head.

"Yeah they are really nice. Your mom was going to introduce me to your sister but she had to go fix something." Lyra tells him. Calvin nods grabbing her hand.

"Here I'll introduce you two." He offers taking her to where he thought his sister would be.

"Calvin!" A voice calls out making them stop walking. Calvin turned around to the voice.

"Great..." He mumbles in annoyance. Lauren struts over to them, glaring at Lyra.