19

Calvin and Lyra walked down the hospital corridor anxiously wanting to reach Mason's room. Calvin looked around, glancing into most of the hospital rooms. He frowned when he saw that most of the people on the floor were children. Lyra looks back at him.

"You okay?" She asks stopping in front of Mason's door. Calvin nods not saying a thing. Lyra looks at him for a second then pushes open the door. "Mason!" She smiles greeting the young boy. He coughs a bit as he sits up, waving at her. He didn't look as bad as he did the last time she came to see him. Lyra walks over to his side, hugging him. "You feeling better?" She sits on the edge of the bed.

Mason nods, looking over to Calvin. Calvin walks over patting him on the shoulder. "Hey Mason," He smiles gently at the boy. Mason looks from Calvin to Lyra. He knew something was going on.

Lyra reaches into her bag and pulls out the original letter she had found and handed it to Mason. Mason glanced at the letter. He held it, his eyes scanning over the words.

"Is Garrett your dad?" Lyra finally asks him. Mason lets go of the letter, watching it fall into his lap. He looks up at Lyra with wide eyes.

"H-how did you know?" He whispers a little worried. No one was suppose to find out. Lyra looks at Calvin then grabs Mason's small hands into hers.

"It's okay, you don't need to be scared. I found a box of your things in my room. Do you know how it got there?" Lyra questions him. Mason coughs again, reaching for the cup of water by his bed. He drank a good amount of the water, licking his dry lips.

"I lived there," Mason finally admits. Lyra furrows her brow, turning to Calvin.

"I've been over that houses many times, I've never seen him," Mason sighs leaning back against his pillow. A few more coughs escaped his body.

"I wasn't allowed to be seen. My mom was just a housekeeper. I don't know everything but Garrett started something with my mom a few years after Tori was born," Mason stops talking to catch his breath. Lyra sits there watching him, she rubbed his hand, urging him to continue. " I was a result of whatever was going on between them. My mom couldn't afford to raise me so Garrett convinced your aunt to let me live with them. She didn't know I was his son."

Lyra thought about everything, "So Garrett didn't make a big deal about Talia having an affair because he was too?"  Calvin sat on the other side of the bed.

"Who wrote the letter, do you know?" Lyra picks up the letter.

"Trey."

So Trey knew everything that was going on in the house? Did Gavin also know? Did Tori know too? All these questions were running through Lyra's head. Mason could sense that both Lyra and Calvin were a little confused.

"Trey heard my mom and his dad talking about me when I first got sick. He promised he would keep everything a secret, but his mom found out. She didn't find out that Garrett was my dad, just that he was with my mom behind her back." Mason shifted in his bed.

"Who did Talia have an affair with?" Lyra wondered out loud.

"Garrett's cousin...Corey. I heard her talking on the phone with him one time and they were talking about how something could never get out. I would always watch them and listen to their conversations and that's how I found out Garrett isn't Gavin's father."

At that reveal both Lyra and Calvin's jaws dropped. That was something Lyra was not expecting. So Garrett isn't Gavin's father, but Corey is?

"Does Gavin or Garrett know?" Mason shook his head no. "Where is Corey?" Mason closed his eyes, frowning slightly.

"I don't know, last I heard about him he was-"

A nurse walks in, stopping Mason from talking. "Alright Mason, time to take your medication." She turns to Lyra and Calvin, "Sorry visiting hours are over." Lyra gets up kissing Mason's head.

"We'll come see you again tomorrow." She grabs Calvin's hand and walks out with him. When they got out of the hospital Lyra just stopped walking. "We need to find Corey," She looks at Calvin. Calvin runs a hand through his hair.

"How are we suppose to do that?" He asks her, walking over to his car. He opens the door for her, closing it once she was in then went around to get into the driver side.

"I know exactly what I'm going to do." Lyra smiles to herself. Calvin starts up his car glancing at her.

"Do I even want to know what you're planning?"

"Nope."