6

New characters that appeared in today's chapter:

Lucia : Actress Yvonne Delarosa

~/~

Gavin stalked over to his cousin his nostrils flaring out in anger. Lyra bit her lips nervously, Okay what did she do know? Calvin pointed a finger at her.

"Get in the car, now!" He growled, moving his finger to point to his car. His friends stood by watching, they snickered when Lyra gulped and scurried to the car. Getting in the back seat, She looked out the window observing as Gavin said a few to his friends. Him and Calvin walked to the car getting in. Calvin turned around and waved at her, Lyra was about to raise her hand to wave back, but retreated when she saw the evil glare Gavin sent her way.

The two boys then engaged into a conversation, disregarding Lyra, who seemed to sink more and more into the seat. It was as if she wanted to sink into the chair and disappear. But since luck was not on her side, she was still visible.

Gavin drove to Calvin's house, stopping in the font. Calvin got his school bag and opened the door, stepping out into the cool air.

"I'll text you later or something," Calvin told Gavin, then he discreetly glanced at Lyra giving her a tight smile. He didn't want Gavin to notice and blow up again for something so small.

Gavin put the car in drive, annoyed with the fact that Lyra was still in the car with him. Once they got home, Gavin was quick to run out the house, barging though the front doors.

"Mom!" He yelled throwing his school bag on the couch, the maid that they had hired twice a week looked startled as she cleaned in the kitchen. Gavin turned to the maid as Lyra entered the house, closing the door behind her. "Where is my mom?" He asked the maid. The maid, Lucia continued to clean as she took a short glance at Gavin.

"She isn't here." Lucia said turning back to her work.

"Clearly." Gavin spat, Lucia shook her head but said nothing. If that was her son she would have thought him all about respecting your elders, but since she was the maid. She was at no place to say anything. Gavin stomped upstairs to his room, leaving Lyra with Lucia.

Lucia got rid of the paper towel she used to clean the top of the counters and looked at Lyra.

"Are you hungry, dear?" Lucia asked, walking towards Lyra. Lyra nodded slowly, taking off her school bag as she took a seat on the stool. Lucia got a plate and fixed Lyra a lunch which consisted of a BLT and a side of various fruits. Lucia smiled as she handed Lyra the plate.

Lyra thanked her.

"How are you liking it here?" Lucia tried to make small conversation with the young girl. From the way Lyra held her posture, Lucia could tell that she just needed someone to talk to, like a mother figure. Lucia has been with the Hartnett's for years so she knew, Mrs. Hartnett would not be an option.

"Its okay, I guess. I've made one friend at school today." Lyra whispered taking a bite out of her sandwich. Lucia smiled, the corners of her lips wrinkling slightly. Lyra took that moment to examine Lucia. Lyra noted how Lucia's held a look that she had been through a lot. Her long dark hair pulled back into a ponytail, falling down her back in thick strands of curls.

"That's good to hear. You should probably join some after school actives. That would help you make friends for sure." Lucia advised, patting her girl's back.

"I'll think about it," Lyra smiled, finishing off the sandwich. It was good.

"Well I better get back to work," Lucia walked out of the kitchen leaving Lyra to eat alone. When she was done she got up and walked over to the sink, cleaning the plate.

~/~

Yes I know this is a very short chapter, but its just a filler. Almost like an added scene to the last chapter. The next chapter will be way longer for sure, its so hard for me to find the time to update frequently. But school is almost over and that means summer!! Which I will for sure have all the time in the world. Thanks for understanding.