44

Months After the Trial...

"Ivy! Can you come help me zip up my dress?!" Lyra stood in front of her full body mirror struggling to pull the zipper up on the back of her dress. Ivy came into the room, her heels clicking on the hard wood floor as she got closer to Lyra. Ivy grabbed hold of the zipper and pulled it up, the dress clinging to Lyra as she did this.

"Wow, that dress really looks nice on you," Ivy pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear as she took a step back to look Lyra over. Lyra looks at herself in the mirror, a large smile on her face.

"My god Lyra! You truly look like an angel," Lucia stands at the doorway of Lyra's room

"My god Lyra! You truly look like an angel," Lucia stands at the doorway of Lyra's room. Mason peeks his head from around his mother's leg and runs into the room.

"You look beautiful Lyra!" Mason smiles up at the older girl. Lyra bends down slightly to hug Mason. He wraps his little arms around her, nestling his face in the crook of her neck.

"Thank you, Mason. It means a lot for you to say that." She whispers in his ear, causing his smile to widen even more.

Lucia fully entered the room, her arms hidden behind her. "Before we start taking pictures, I have something for you." Lucia pulls her arm out from behind her, showing a large white envelope to the girls. Lyra stares at the envelope in wonder.

"Is that what I think it is?" Lyra questions, her eyes widening slightly as Lucia slowly begins to nod her head yes. Ivy nervously began to chew on her lips in anticipation of Lyra grabbing the envelope. Lyra hesitantly grabs hold of the envelope and flipped it over. Her eyes began to water as she saw the logo on the corner, it was from Harvard. "I'm so scared to open it." She mumbles.

"Open it! Open it!" Ivy and Mason chanted, the excitement building in the room. Lyra took a deep breath and opened the flap of the envelope. Her fingers brushed against the paper before she finally pulled it out of the envelope. Lyra's eyes scanned over the words of the letter quickly.

"I got in! I got into Harvard!" Lyra screamed the envelope falling to the ground as she began to jump up and down. Mason, Ivy, and Lucia all ran to her, hugging her in congratulations.

"Congrats, darling...you really deserve this," Lucia smiles kissing Lyra's cheek. Ivy squeals, squeezing Lyra tightly to her.

"Now we get to be roommates."

"Alright girls, lets head downstairs, I'm sure your parents want to capture some pictures Ivy," Lucia makes sure that the girls are all set before making them go downstairs.

Lyra descended down the stairs, holding onto the rail so she wouldn't fall. Ivy went down ahead of her and went to her parents. Ivy knew that she told her parents the great news because they turned to Lyra with such joy on their faces and gave her two thumbs up. Lyra nodded her head in thanks.