35

Throughout the school day, Lyra could feel her stomach twisting and turning. She had made multiple trips to the bathroom. Eventually she was too sick and had to leave school. When Lyra got home she struggled to get up the stairs and into her room. Once safely inside, she climbed into her bed. She knew she shouldn't have eaten whatever her aunt made for her. Lyra grabbed her phone and called Calvin, telling him everything.
"Do you want me to come?" He asked her. Lyra told him no, she didn't want him to go out of his way to come because he was still recovering himself.
"It's fine, I'm just going to wait for Lucia to come and have her make me some soup or something." Lyra told him. Calvin let out a sigh, Lyra was too stubborn at times.
"Well you call me if you start to feel worse. I have a feeling your aunt is up to something and she did something to the food." Calvin concluded and he was right. There was something in the food. The question that they needed answered was what exactly was placed in the food.
After being home for an hour or so, Lyra could hear Talia coming into the house. Her heels clicking as she made her way up the steps up to Lyra's room. Talia knocked on the door before peering her head in.
"Hey, the school called and said you got sent home. How are you are feeling?" She walked further into the room, ignoring Lyra's glare. Talia held a thermometer in her hand.
"I'm fine," Lyra sat up, pulling the blankets up to her neck. "I'll wait for Lucia to come to make me some soup." Lyra told her, moving more away from her.
Talia smiles clapping her hands together. "I can make you some soup. I'm sorry but Lucia will not be coming back here anymore. With her son being out of the hospital I decided to let her go. She should spend all her time with him now." Talia informed Lyra. Lyra was enraged. How would Lucinda pay for her expenses if she had no job?
"How could you do that to her? She won't be able to pay her bills!" Lyra shouts at her aunt. Talia frowns, smoothing her skirt out.
"Well we have given her plenty of money for working with us. She should be fine." With that said Talia walked out the room with a smile of triumph on her face. Lyra threw a pillow at the door once Talia left. How could she be so evil? Lyra sat in her bed, her arms crossed as she thought of what she could do. She was going to help Lucia and Mason.
"Lyra?" Trey walked into the room with a bowl. Lyra looked at him with a small smile. He was the only one she could tolerate or trust.
"Hey," she pats the spot next to her. Trey smiles and hands her the soup.
"Here, drink this, it should help with your stomach ache. Don't worry, my mom didn't make it." He tells her handing her a spoon as well. Lyra takes it from him, examining it. She takes the spoon and begins to drink the soup.
"It's good," she smiles and much to his words, she did start to feel better.
Trey pulled out a paper from his back pocket. He hands it to her. Lyra takes it and quickly reads it.
"Is this real?" She asks him. Trey nods his head yes.
"I knew she was up to something so I took a small sample to have a friend of mind test. He's really into science and all that. He was able to test it for anything out of the ordinary. As you can see the food tested positive for antifreeze." Trey frowns starring down at his lap.
"I always knew I wasn't the favorite kid and mom hates you. So it would make sense that she would do this. Ever since Gavin got arrested she has been trying to get him out at all cost. I believe she thinks that by getting rid of us, we won't be able to say anything at at trial." Lyra nods listening to everything that Trey was telling her. It all made sense. If Talia managed to get rid of them, they would not be able to testify against Gavin. In her delusional mind Gavin would not be convicted of anything.
While the two talked about this, Tori stood outside the door listening to everything. Once she heard Trey getting up to leave the room, she ran down the hall and into her room. She sat on her bed thinking about everything. Should she tell her mom? Or should she keep what she heard to herself? Tori let out at sigh and made her decision. Her lips were going to remain sealed.