23

Please don't be mad, I took a small break from writing. It wasn't that I didn't want to write anymore, I just couldn't keep up with it. Being in a sorority, keeping up with all my college classes and assignments is a lot of work. I managed to write this chapter while on break between classes, I hope you guys like it.

Lyra sat on Calvin's bed, watching him walk around his room, checking a few things. She laid back on the bed, propping her head up with her arm. Calvin walked to the windows, closing the curtains. Lyra raised a brow at him when he finally turned around to face her.

"What?" He smiles slightly, taking off his shoes. Lyra pointed to the windows.

Calvin chuckles softly, licking his lips, "Again my intentions are to only cuddle," He told her. That was one thing that Calvin was very strict about. Intimacy. Usually kids his age were eager to participate in any sexual activity. Not him. No one would probably believe him, if he told them he was a virgin.

"I'm only messing with you," Lyra grins, patting down the spot on the bed next to her. Calvin happily walked over, climbing onto the bed. He rested his back against his pillows, pulling Lyra closer to him. Lyra let out a small squeal not expecting him to handle her like that. She lets out a breath as she moves a bit, resting her head on his chest.  "And don't touch my hair," She says just as he was going to raise his hand to stroke her hair back.

"Why can't I touch your hair?" He pouts although she couldn't see his face. Lyra shrugs looking up at his ceiling. "Is this some type of unspoken rule?" Calvin asks curiously.

"Something like that." She laughs lightly.

"Well in that case I res-" Calvin was stopped midsentence by a crashing noise coming from downstairs. The two sat up on the  bed, glancing at each other. "Paige is probably home and broke something." Calvin explained as he got off the bed. Lyra did the same, watching as he opened the door. "Paige?!" Calvin peered out into the hall, calling out his sister's name. No one responded back.

Lyra walked over to him, something didn't feel right. "Call her on her phone or something," Lyra suggested. Calvin shook his head no.

"Why? It's not that serious." He walked out of the room, making his way to the kitchen. Lyra hesitantly followed behind him. "Paige?" Calvin stood in front of the entrance of the kitchen, but his sister was not there. Lyra looked around, she could feel the hairs on her neck standing up.

"This doesn't make any sense," Calvin leaned on the counter. What was broken? Lyra looked around, her breath catching in her throat. She felt her heart drop down into her stomach.

"Someone is in the house and it's not your sister." She says. Calvin frowns, looking at her.

"What are you talking about?" Calvin walks to her. Lyra lifted up her hand, pointing to the back door in the kitchen. Calvin looks over to where she was pointing. He walks over to the door inspecting it.  The glass was smashed in so the door could be unlocked. Calvin walked over to the knife set on the counter, picking one up.

"What are you doing?! Just call the cops!" Lyra tries to tell him, but Calvin wasn't having it. He wanted to find whoever was in his house.

"Stay here and if I'm not back in five minutes call the cops." He tells her. Lyra sighs having no choice but to watch him walk off.

"My life has turned into a lifetime movie." Lyra mumbles to herself as she keeps her eyes on the direction Calvin walked in. Lyra reaches into her bag, grabbing her cellphone. She dialed 911 anyway, she was not going to wait around for one of them to get hurt.

"911 operator, what is your emergency?" The 911 operator answered.

"Someone broke into my boy- someone broke into my friend's house." Lyra said in one breath. The operator asked her if she knew the address and she told them.  Just as she hung up on the operator the power in the house went out. "Great!" Lyra shouts, grabbing the little keychain flashlight she kept in her purse. "Calvin?"

Lyra shined the flashlight down the hall so she could make out where she was going. She had no idea what to think when Calvin was not answering her calls. On top of that, how would it take the cops to come to the house.

"I'm in here," Calvin came out one of the room. Lyra placed a and over her heart. She was happy that he was fine. "I'm trying to get the power to work again." He explains to her. Lyra nods, watching as he pressed a few buttons and turned a dial. Immediately all the lights came back on.

"I'm going to check the cameras to see who came into the house." Calvin sat in front of the monitors typing in a few codes. He ran a finger across his lips, leaning back on the chair. Lyra stood next to him, looking over his shoulder. Calvin pulled up the camera feed, going back to ten minutes earlier.

"No way," Lyra says as she looks a the person in the camera, breaking the door.