17

Lyra pulled out the items in the box, she could not believe what she was seeing. There were pictures of Mason, but how was that possible? Unless Lucia brought the box to the house? That makes no sense though, Lyra thought to herself as she pulled out various other items. Lyra picked up what seemed to be a copy of a birth certificate. It was Mason's birth certificate. Lyra bit her lips as she looked down to see the name of the parents. She obviously knew Lucia was Mason's mother, but she didn't know who the father was. Lyra scanned the paper, looking down to the name of the father listed. Lyra's jaws dropped as she read the name.

"Impossible," Lyra shook her head in disbelief as she quickly put everything back into the box. she left it unlocked and hid it in another spot in her room. Lyra stood up and rushed over to Trey's room. She knocked on the door, waiting patiently for him to answer. When he did, she gave him the necklace key and ran back to her room. Trey stood at the door watching Lyra run back to her room. He looked down at the necklace key in his hand. He sighs shaking his head, closing his door.

Lyra sat on her bed, chewing on her finger nails. She had to tell somebody, this secret was just too big to keep to herself. Lyra picked up her phone, she though about calling Ivy, but didn't.

"Hello?"

"Why do you sound so grumpy?" Lyra wonders when Calvin finally answered his phone.  Calvin laid back in his bed, his arm was still swollen and it hurt to move it.

"Ask your cousin," Calvin grumbled staring at his cast covered arm. Lyra sighed leaning her head against her pillow.

"What did that moron do to you? I thought you guys were best friends?" Lyra asks amused. Calvin rolled his eyes although Lyra could not see it.

"I thought he was too. He broke my arm! He ruined my football career! If I don't play this season how am I going to get recruited into college football when none of the recruiters will see me play?!" Calvin complained.  Lyra gasped siting up in her bed.

"He did what?! Wow, I always knew he was an ass, but to do this to his so called best friend. That's a new low for him." Lyra says more to herself then to Calvin. Calvin nods, turning on his laptop.

"He's just not the same anymore. He's becoming self centered and cocky. It's so annoying. I think he wants to be the new football star, that's why he did this." Calvin voices what believes was Gavin's reasoning for doing what he did.

"Becoming?" Lyra laughs, "There is no becoming with him, he was always self centered and cocky.  He's so into himself he needs someone to smack him right back into reality. His whole family needs a good reality check," Lyra mumbles. "Anyways I have something to tell you. I didn't know who else to call about this. You have to promise me not to tell anyone about this though." Calvin chuckles waiting for her to continue.

"I won't tell anyone," In one breath Lyra tells Calvin everything. He listens intently to everything she is firing at him. His eyes widened at the last bit of information.

"No way." He finally speaks, " How did he keep something like that?" Calvin wonders. He knew the family for a long time. How did he miss what was going on?
  "I want to go to the hospital and ask Mason about this. I want to figure out why this is being kept such a big secret. Will you help me?"

"Sure."