30

Please leave feedback, just so I can know your thoughts about everything. Thanks! Xoxo

Pow...Pow...Pow

Lyra screamed as she sat up in the bed, she clutched her hands to her heart that was beating a thousand times faster. This can't be real, Lyra thought to herself as she shook her head in denial once again. "It just can't..." Lyra tells herself as she runs a hand through her hair. After she calmed down, Lyra looked around the room she was in. Based off of the plain walls and the ammonia smell in the room, she concluded she was in a hospital.

"Oh, you're up," A nurse walked in, making her way over to Lyra's bedside. "How are you feeling?" The nurse smiles down at her, pouring her a glass of water. Lyra stares at the lady, examining her from head to toe. She had fiery red hair that was pulled back tightly into a bun. Freckles were splashed all around her face, making her green eyes pop out more. "Here, drink this," The nurse handed her the cup. Lyra took it from her.

"Thank you..." She glanced at her name tag, "Beatrice..." Lyra mumbles, taking a small sip of the water. Once her mouth didn't feel so dry anymore, she wanted to ask the nurse some questions.

"What happened? Who brought me here?" Lyra held on to the cup tightly.

"A little Asian girl," the nurse says as she starts messing with some buttons on the machine connected to Lyra. "There was a shooting at the high school, you had a panic attack," the nurse informs her. Lyra nods slowly, she remembered that.

Calvin.

"My boyfriend!" Lyra kicks off the covers, "Where is he?" The nurse frowns, pushing her back slightly to make her get back in bed.

"No, no, you need to get back in bed." The nurse tells her.

Lyra looks at her enraged, "My boyfriend was shot! I can't get back in bed!" She shouts, getting out of the bed again.

"Lyra calm down," The nurse advises her, "You need to relax, you're going to hurt yourself."

"No, I'm going to hurt YOU! Why won't you let me see him?!" Lyra exclaimed, pushing Beatrice's hand off of her. "Please i just want to know if he is okay," Lyra pleads with her.

Beatrice reaches over and presses the button on the side of Lyra's bed. "This is for your own good," the nurse tells her as a doctor and two other nurses come into the room.

"Why are they here?" Lyra questions confused. The nurses hold down her limbs as the doctor injects her with something. "What is that?" Lyra tries to trash around, but her limbs became numb, and her eyes slowly fluttered closed.

~

"Lyra...Lyra...wake up," a small warm hand, gently shook Lyra's shoulder. Lyra groaned as she rolled over onto her side. She opened her eyes, blinking to allow them to adjust to the bright light.

"Mason? How'd you get in here?" Lyra questions moving over so the young boy could climb on the bed next to her. "What are you doing out of your room and on this floor?"

Mason shrugs, tilting his head back to look at her. "You look like hell," he tells her as he gets under the covers to keep warm. "Well...I heard the nurses talking about you so i came to find you. Is it true...did Gavin kill someone?"

Lyra stared at Mason in disbelief. Kill meant someone was dead. Dead meant no longer living. No loner living meant gone forever. It could not be true. Calvin couldn't be dead. He wouldn't leave her like that. "Are you sure he killed someone?" Lyra choked out. Mason nodded his head sadly.

"I need to see it for myself...it's not just going to end like that," Lyra sniffs, climbing out of the bed.

"I'll come with you," Mason chirps. Lyra shook her head no.

"Mason you need to go back to your room, you shouldn't be over here, too many germs." Mason pouted, puckering his lips at her.

"Please, the doctors tell me i have so much energy now, I'm not weak," he frowns, looking up at her.

"Fine, you can come with me," Lyra finally agreed.

"You should get a disguise!" Mason suggests as he followed behind Lyra through the long corridor. Lyra looked around, looking for the locker room. She told Mason to stay by the door, while she rushed in and changed into a nurse uniform. She came out with a wheelchair for Mason.

"Now, I look like i'm just caring for you," Lyra tells him as she pushes the chair down the hall. Mason smiles, sitting back in the seat, enjoying the ride. "Where should I check first," Lyra mumbles to herself. Lyra stops, looking at what floor they were now on.

"That is the critical unit," Mason points to the double doors. Lyra pushes him over to the doors. She grabs the clipboard, reading over all the names of the people in the ICU, there was no one under the name Calvin. Lyra sighs putting the board back. Mason watches her for a bit.

"Well we are looking for a dead person right? They would probably be in the morgue," Mason says shifting in the chair. Lyra looks at him, her eyes wide. She didn't want to go down there. If Calvin was in fact dead, she wouldn't be able to see him in that condition.

"I guess we can check..." Lyra finally gave in and began pushing the wheelchair in the direction of the elevator. She pressed the going down button and leaned on the wall. "I feel sick to my stomach," Lyra mumbles.

"Welcome to my world," Mason comments as she pushes him into the elevator.

"Hold it please!" Someone called out, rushing into the elevator before the door closes. "Thanks- Lyra? Oh god I was looking for you!" Paige sobbed, embracing Lyra. Lyra in shock, wrapped her arms around the young girl, hugging her back. Somehow she started crying too.

"They won't let me see him, I don't know what to do. I can't believe he is gone." Lyra cried, wiping her eyes. Paige pulls away from the hug, looking up at her brother's girlfriend.

"Gone? Lyra, Calvin is still alive. He is not dead."