22

"He said that?" Calvin questions when Lyra had explained to him what happened. Lyra nods rubbing her hand since they were cold. "That just doesn't seem like Garrett. Do you think that you talking about Mason in the hospital is starting to get to him?" Calvin wondered. Lyra thought about it but shook her head no.

"Cory and Mason are two different things. Him being guilty about abandoning Mason should not effect his emotional response to finding out his cousin whom he was close to is dead. He had no care at all!" Calvin listened to everything she was saying. He had to agree with her there. Garrett should have had some sort of response to the death of his cousin. Especially since he was murdered.

Calvin pulled his car into his driveway and parked the car. He got out and rushed around to the side to open the door for Lyra. She thanked him as she got out of the car. Calvin nods grabbing hold of her hand as he walked her to the front of his house. He pulled out the keys and unlocked the door. Lyra walked in first standing at the foyer, waiting for Calvin to lock the door behind them.

"I was thinking we could look more into Corey's death." Lyra looks up at Calvin watching him take off his jacket and hang it. He motioned for Lyra to hand her jacket to him and he hanged her jacket in the closet too. "What do you think?"

"I think we should take a break from all this stuff. Let us watch a movie and forget about all the drama just for tonight." Calvin suggest. He pouted his lips to give a puppy dog effect. Lyra laughs giving into his idea.

"Fine, what movie do you have in mind?" Lyra asks as she follows Calvin through the halls. Calvin opened a door, revealing the movie room. Lyra walked in, closing the door behind them.

"I was thinking something scary like Oculus." Calvin looked through the movies and picked out the one he just named. "Can you make the popcorn while I set this up?" Calvin glances at Lyra. She nods and walked over to the popcorn stand in the room. She turned it on and waited for the popcorn to start forming. When it was done she added some to the plastic reusable popcorn bags.

Calvin finished setting up the movie and grabbed two drinks from the mini fridge in there. Lyra walked over to one of the seats with the popcorn and sat down. Calvin sat down next to her, he used the remote to dim down the lights. He settled back in the recliner getting comfortable. Lyra leaned back as well, leaning more closer to Calvin. She smiles when she feels him snake his arm over her shoulder.
It was hard for Lyra to pay attention to the movie when she had someone as gorgeous as Calvin sitting next to her. Sometime during the movie Lyra screamed when the father/girl whatever the demon was came out of the mirror. Calvin laughed pulling her closer to him. Lyra buried her face into his chest, shielding her eyes from the screen.
"C'mom Lyra it wasn't even scary." Calvin tells her as he rubs soothing circles in her back with his good hand.
"Of course you would say that. You wanted to watch this movie." Lyra mumbles in protest. Calvin shakes his head and shoves some popcorn into his mouth with his injured hand. Lyra resurfaced from her little nook she made with his chest. "Shouldn't you be resting your hand?" Lyra questions. Calvin shrugs looking down at the cast on his hand. He still needed to function even though his hand was injured.
"Ugh it's fine." He dismisses her concern. When the movie was finished Lyra clapped her hands.
"Thanks god." She smiles leaning back in her seat.
"You're such a baby," Calvin sits up shaking his head at her. "But it was cute how scared you got." He smirks.
Lyra looks at him. He thought she was cute? Awe. "Let's go to my room." Calvin stands up from his chair, reaching his hand out to her. Lyra eyes him. "I'm not going to try anything, I thought you knew me better then that." Calvin laughs as he leads her out the room.
"Boys will be boys." Lyra sang teasing him a bit. She knew that he wasn't one to initiate anything intimate without her consent.
"Hush, I just want to cuddle." He tells her, opening the door to his room.
"Now that I can do."