24

"I can't believe what I'm seeing right now." Lyra says out loud, shaking her head at the screen. Calvin slumped in his chair, his face red with fury. There Lauren was on the screen walking through the house. "I don't get it, why would she break into your house?" Lyra questioned. Calvin shook his head, he did not have an answer. Lyra rested her hand on his shoulder. Just as Calvin was going to say something, there were loud banging noises.

"Did you call the police?" Lyra nods, stepping back so Calvin could stand up. The two walked out of the room, to the front door. Calvin opened the door, allowing the officers to step inside. If someone as out to get them, they surely would have died, that is how long the cops took to get to the house.

The cops walked inside, looking around. They asked both Calvin and Lyra a few questions. Calvin told the he knew who had broke into his house and lead them to the monitors. In the middle of this Calvin's mother came home.

"I can't believe Lauren would do something like this, it just doesn't make any sense." She told Lyra. Lyra nodded her head agreeing. The only reason someone would break into a house was to steal something or to scare people.

Calvin was not afraid, Lyra on the other hand was. However, now that she realized who had broke in she wasn't.

After the cops had left, Calvin took Lyra home. "Sorry about all of this," He told her when they pulled in front of her home, well uncle's home. Lyra sighed leaning back in the seat.

"Honestly Calvin, you have no reason to apologize, the one person that needs to be apologizing is Lauren. You guys dated right? So how could she not know about your house being rigged with security cameras." Lyra spoke as she unbuckled her seat belt. "It just doesn't make sense,"

Calvin nods, running a finger across his lips. Lyra was right, Lauren knew about his house's security system. She made no attempt to truly hide that it was her who broke in. It was almost as if what she did was a warning of something big.

"You should get inside, I'll text you when I get home," Calvin leans forward, pecking Lyra's lips softly. If Lyra was a shade lighter, her face would have been visibly red. Lyra opened the door, slightly stumbling out. Calvin smirks watching her try to play it off.

"Okay, bye..." She manged to get out just before she shut the car door. Calvin staid in front of the house, making sure she got inside safely before driving off. When Lyra walked inside of the house everyone was in the middle of dinner.

"Where were you?" Her uncle asked when she finally made them aware of her presence. Lyra held her purse to her chest as she looked over the family.

"I was out with a friend," She felt like she really did not have to give them too many details of her day.

"Well are you okay? I heard about the break in at the Doherty residence. I know you were there." He told her. Lyra shrugs wanting to get out of the room.

"I'm okay, the cops came just in time. They already know who did it." Lyra explained, glancing at Gavin, who tensed up. She shook her head cause she knew he played a part in it. "Well, I'm going up to my room now, sorry I missed dinner," Lyra made her way out of the dinning room and up the stairs to her room.

Lyra locked her bedroom door, making her way to her bed. She climbed on top of it, with her laptop.

"Time to take a look at our family tree," Lyra mumbles to herself.