16

The nurse came and inspected Calvin's arm. Calvin winced every time she moved his arm around. She frowns softly, writing down a few things.

"We're going to have to call your parents to have them come get you. You have to go to the hospital and have them tale a few x-rays. It appears that your arm could be either broken or sprained. The x-rays will give a clearer idea as to what exactly it is," The nurse told him. Calvin clenches his jaw. He was mad. If his arm was sprained or broken he wouldn't be able to play football until it was healed. This was all Gavin's fault. Some friend he was.

Calvin miserably waited for his ride to come. His mother couldn't come to get him so she had one of their drivers drive over to the school. Calvin stood up when he saw the car pull up. He got into the car, throwing his school bag and gym bag on the seat besides him. He prayed that his football career would not be jeopardized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra opened the door to her room looking down the hall. She quietly stepped out and closed the door behind her. She walked to the steps, listening for a second. Tori was still watching her movie and Trey was in his room playing video games. Lyra walked to her aunt and uncle's room. She walked inside, closing the door behind her. She looked around the room, searching through their side tables. She found nothing. She walked to her aunt's vanity, searching the jewelry box and all the draws. Feeling defeated Lyra walked out of the room, checking the halls.

"What were you doing?" Lyra gasped as she jumped up, placing a hand on her chest. She turned around to see Trey watching her curiously. "Why were you in my parent's room?" He questions her. Lyra tried to think of an excuse quickly.

"I ugh needed to...ugh I need my birth certificate that your dad keeps in his closet." She says lamely. How stupid did she sound right now? Trey didn't believe her, but he honestly did not care about why she was in their room. He shrugged his shoulders, walking back to his room.

"Hey, wait- where did you get that necklace from?" Lyra walks to him, looking at the chain around his neck. Trey looks at her confused, his fingers wrapping around the necklace.

"It was a gift from a friend," He tucks it into his shirt, "Why?" The chain had a key charm, the same size of the key that Lyra needed to open the box.

"It looks really nice, can I borrow it? Just to take a picture of it for my photography class. I'll give it right back to you tonight." Lyra begs him. Trey sighs taking the necklace off, he looks at it as he hesitantly hands it over to her.

"Be very careful with it," He tells her. Lyra smiles, looking at the necklace. She wondered if that meant the box belonged to Trey? Lyra scurried off to her room, pulling the box out of the hiding spot she had placed it in.

"This is the moment of truth," Lyra says to herself as she sticks the key into the lock. Lyra got excited when she heard the box click open. She slowly lifted the lid, gasping when she saw what was inside. "What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm afraid you have a fracture on your Ulna." The doctor showed Calvin the fracture in the x-ray. Calvin frowns looking at the image. The fracture looked pretty big to him.

"How long do you think it will take to heal?" Calvin asks, cradling his arm close to his chest. The doctor set down his file, getting all the items ready to put the cast around his arm.

"About 10 weeks, it also depends on how fast of a healer you are." He tells him. Calvin sighs, holding his arm out for the doctor to work on. "And if it doesn't heal we have to turn to another option, which is surgery." Calvin closes his eyes, saying a small prayer to god. It was taking everything in him not to rush out of this room and find Gavin. The things he would do to him, would not be pleasant and would probably cost him a life time in jail.

After the cast was on his arm, Calvin walked out to the car, getting in. He immediately called his mom. "My life is over," He complains to her. "Mom, how am I going to play football with a broken arm?! Coach won't let me play!" His mother calmed him down, reassuring him that his father would talk to their coach.  Calvin leans his head back against his seat. This day was getting better and better.