20

Lyra walks into the house after Calvin dropped her home. When she opened the door it was really quiet. She took off her coat, hanging it up in the coat closet.

"Where have you been?" Talia walks over to her, her heels clicking on the cobble stone ground in the foyer. Lyra raises a brow at her attire. Why must she dress up like she was at a fancy gala? No one was going to see her in the house.

"Oh you care?" Lyra retorts walking past her aunt, she was going to go up to her room, but she noticed the rest of the family at the dinner table. Lyra sighs walking to the kitchen to wash her hand.

"Did you hear what she said to me?" Talia whispered to her husband. "She is so disrespectful...how long does she have to stay here again?" Lyra rolls her eyes as she listens to her aunt complain about her as if she couldn't hear her. Lucia stood at the stove, stirring a pot of meat sauce. Lyra walks over to her, patting her on the shoulder.

"I went to go see Mason today," She smiles looking into the pot. The food smelled good. Lucia laughs lightly, turning to look at Lyra for a second.

"That boy talks about you all the time when I go to see him. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to go see." Lyra smiles hugging her before walking into the dining area to sit at her seat.

"Finally," Tori mumbles when Lyra sat down, "Can we eat now?" Tori whines staring at her empty plate. Talia huffs as she glares at Lyra. Lyra stares right back at her, raising a brow. She wanted to scream at her, pull her hair, spill all the secrets this very second.

Lucia walked into the room with a dish full of pasta with the meat sauce mixed in. She set it in the center of the table and went back to the kitchen returning with a platter of garlic bread and a bowl of salad.

"It looks good Lucia," Lyra smiles at the older women. Lucia smiles in appreciation at Lyra. Gavin scoffs as he spoons a large amount of pasta onto his plate.

"Lucia go fill this pitcher with more water," Talia demands. Lyra shakes her head serving herself some of the pasta and salad. When she was done she looked around the table. Everyone was eating quietly, going on as if they were the perfect family ever.

"So Garrett," Lyra begins after she had swallowed the food in her mouth. Her uncle looks up at her. "I was watching some family videos and wanted to know how come they never come here? I always wanted to meet my mother's family especially Corey. It seemed like you guys were really close in the home videos." Talia chokes on her food, coughing like crazy as she tried to clear her throat. 

"Mom are you okay?" Tori asked watching her mother fan her face.

"Yeah... we were, why do you ask?" Garrett swirled the pasta around his fork, shoving it into his mouth. Lyra shrugs taking a sip of her water.

"I just wanted to meet the family." Lyra says simply, but inside she was smiling wide at Talia's reaction. Garrett looked like he was in deep thought.

"I haven't spoken to Corey in years, considering we were so close it confused me..." Garrett admits folding his hands on the table.

"Why do you care so much. Mind your own business, Corey wouldn't want to meet you anyway." Gavin speaks up.

"You're one to talk," Lyra mumbles under her breath. Trey who was sitting next to her turned to her. He watched her for a bit, then looked at everyone around the table. Trey kind of had a hunch about what was going on. He knew Lyra knew something and honestly he wanted her to speak up.
"Oh!" Lyra sat up dropping her fork. "Did you know that Lucia had a son named Mason? Apparently he's really sick in the hospital," Lyra watched her uncle. He shifted in his seat nodding his head.

"Yeah we know, It's a really sad thing. No kid should ever be that sick." Garrett says picking up his fork again. Lyra smiles finishing her pasta. She picked up her napkin wiping the corner of her mouth.

"Yeah but he should be able to get well again with the love of his mom and dad, right? His dad is probably spending every moment with him. I mean I would be if my son was sick." Lyra leans back in her chair. Garrett rubs the back of his neck. Talia who had recovered from her little shock glared at Lyra.

"You're up to something," She accuses pointing a finger at the teen. Lyra looks at her aunt.

"Me? What could I be up to? It's not like you guys have any secrets to hide. What are you so worried about?" Lyra challenges her aunt. Talia looks to Gavin before standing up leaving the table. "She seems mad about something, maybe you should go talk to her," Lyra suggested to her uncle. Garrett nods getting up from the table to talk to his wife.

"What is your problem?" Gavin growls at Lyra. Lyra shrugs looking at her cousin.

"My problem? What is your problem? I've never done anything to you. You've hated me from the very moment I stepped into this house. What are you so mad about? Is it Calvin? Do you have a crush on him? Is that it?" Lyra taunts him. Gavin grips the edge of the table.

"Stop," he warns her, his face flaring up in angry.

"Or what? What are you going to do Gavin? Are you going to hit me? Break my arm like you did to Calvin?" Lyra slams her hand on the table standing up. "You're not going to do anything to me Gavin. You want to know why? You need me so you can finish whatever plan you have with Lauren. What, did she promise she would be with you if you help her?" Lyra shakes her head when Gavin remained silent. Trey watched the argument with wide eyes. Tori was indifferent to everything. Lyra wondered if the girl was on something half the time. Maybe her mother drugged her.

"Shut up!" Gavin roars standing up from the table as well. The chair he was sitting on fell back on to the floor. 

"I'm sorry did I hit a sensitive topic for you?" Lyra grins, she now had the upper hand. "I'm going make your world come crashing down right before your eyes. The perfect little world you think you live in. The world you think you're almighty in is about to crumple and fall apart. You can thank your mom for that. She raised some selfish, conceited, disrespectful human beings and you call me ghetto?" Lyra took one look at Gavin before walking away from the dinner table.