15

Calvin and Gavin sat on the grass drinking water. They watched the rest of the boys on their team running around throwing passes to each other. Calvin wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. Calvin placed the cap back on his water bottle, glancing at Gavin.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asks frowning at Gavin. Gavin lets out a small laugh shaking his head.

"I don't get you," Gavin mumbles standing up. Calvin stood up as well.

"What are you talking about?" Gavin rolls his eyes.

"You're obsessed with Lyra! You know you're not suppose to like her. You're suppose to be my friend, but you're betraying me." Gavin accuses him, pushing a finger into his chest. Calvin pushes his hand away, pushing him back.

"How is that betraying you. I have a heart unlike you!" Calvin retorts, his chest puffing out in anger. "Hey boys! Get in line we're going to do a mock game." Their coach jogs over to them. Gavin snatches up his helmet, bumping Calvin as he passed. Calvin grabbed his helmet, putting it on his head as he walked over to his team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra got home from school, running up to her room. She quickly changed out of her clothes into something more casual. When she felt she looked presentable, she quickly slipped on her shoes and ran back out her room.

"Where are you going?" Tori looks over to her from her position on the couch. Lyra grabbed her jacket, putting it on.

"No where that concerns you," She opened the front door walking out. Tori scoffs, turning the volume up to the TV. Lyra closed the door behind her, walking down the long driveway of the house. She lets out a sigh as she walked down the road to the bus stop. She stop there looking both ways. She hoped the bus would come really quick. As Lyra waited she pulled out the money for the bus. She counted out the amount of coins she would need. Eventually Lyra could make out the bus coming down the road. She waited for it to come to a stop before getting on it. She smiled at the bus driver as she paid her fare. Lyra looked around the bus for an empty seat. She ended up all the way in the back, but that did not bother her at all.

It took fifteen minutes for the bus to reach the stop Lyra needed. She thanked the driver when she got off. Lyra looked at the hospital, smiling to herself as she made her way through the entrance. Lyra walked down the all so familiar hallway, reaching the floor she was going to. Lyra knocked twice before she entered the room.

"Missed me?" Lyra shouts as she jumps into the room. The huge smile that was on her face vanished when she saw the condition he was in. "Mason?" She rushed to his side, grabbing hold of his little hands. They were extremely cold, but felt clammy. Mason coughed up a storm as he tried to sit up, but it was too painful for him. His face looked gray, his skin was no longer its vibrant toffee color. "Here let me help you," Very gently, Lyra sat him up, propping up some pillows behind his back. She didn't like seeing him like this. He was very weak.

"Hi Lyra," Mason managed to breathe out. Lyra pushed back his damp hair, feeling how hot his forehead was, which was a huge contrast to his cold hands.

"How you feeling?" She frowns sitting on the edge of the bed. Mason stared at her, his once bright green/hazel eyes were now dull, void of any life. It was like he was a walking breathing corpse.

"I'm fine," Mason says softly, "I need another bone barrow transplant." He coughs again, heaving a bit as he tried to catch his breath again. Lyra moved closer to him, she helped him to lay back and roll over onto his stomach. She rubbed his back, trying to ease the pain he was feeling.

"Yeah? When are you suppose to have the surgery?" She wonders.

"Tomorrow." Mason whispers, his eyes drooping close. Lyra sigh as she leans forward kissing his head. She pulled the covers over him, standing up from the bed. She searches in her bag and pulls out a little wolf figure that she recently bought for him. She placed  it on the side of his bed, before walking out of the room. Lyra felt bad as she thought about Mason. It wasn't fair to him. He didn't deserve to be this sick, no one did. Lyra took the bus back home, just thinking about everything. When she got back home, she went to her room locking the door. She stood in the middle of the room, looking around. She smoothed her hair back as she got on the floor, feeling around for any loose boards. Nothing. Lyra sighed as she sat on the bed, thinking. Suddenly a light bulb went off in her head and she rushed to her closet.  She stood on her suitcase, feeling around the top shelf. Her hand hit a box and she grabbed it. 

"Bingo," Lyra whispers as she dusts the box off. It was a memory box. Lyra walked back to her bed, sitting on the edge as she figured out how to open the box. The box need a key. Lyra sighed in frustration as she had no idea where the key could be. Looks like she was going to be doing a little snooping around again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calvin was still angry about the little dispute he had with Gavin. He shook his head to clear it of his thoughts as he looked at his team.  Calvin crouched low in his position, looking at the player to his left and the player to his right. He nods to them before calling out for them to begin. He stood up with the ball, searching the field to see how far each of his players had ran. He dodges the few people that tried to tackle him, before throwing the ball at the wide receiver. As he watched the wide receiver run, he suddenly gets tackled from the side. He got the breath knocked out of his as a groan escapes his lips.

"What the hell?!" H e growls as he curls up, clutching his arm. He looks up to see Gavin standing over him. Why did he tackle him?

"Sorry man, I thought you had the ball." Gavin smirks softly. If he wasn't in so much pain he would get up and punch Gavin in the face, wiping that little smirk off his face. Their coach blew his whistle running over to the pair.

"Are you hurt?" He asks Calvin. Calvin nods his head, showing the coach his arm which was throbbing in pain. "Someone go get the nurse."