37 (unedited)

Lucia shut the door, once everyone had entered inside the small apartment. Lyra lifted Mason into her arms, hugging him tightly. She placed a kiss on the side of his head, making her way over to the warn couch to sit. Mason giggles in her arms, and wrap his tiny arms around her neck.

"I'm so happy you're here," he tells her.  Calvin took a seat on the recliner across from them, glancing over at Tori, who stood to the side watching Lyra and Mason. Lucia walked over to the group, motioning for Tori to have a seat in one of the chairs.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" She offers, trying to be a good host. Tori shot her hand up in the air.

"Can I get some cranberry juice," she requests, moving a pillow out from behind her so she could press her back further up against the wall.  Lucia looks at Lyra before she walks out of the living room to the connecting kitchen. 

"Why is she here?" Mason whispered to into Lyra's ears. Lyra pulled from the hug to give him a look. Mason seemed to understand what she was saying. He nodded her head, glancing to Tori. Tori, sensing his gaze on her turned to look at him.

"Yes?"

Mason doesn't say anything, but gets off of Lyra's lap, plopping down next to her. He looks in between Lyra and Calvin. "So when are you guys going to get married?" He questions. Calvin chuckles, shaking his head at the young boy.

"We are a bit too young to get married right now," Lyra explained to the young boy. Mason smiles, getting up to grab a paper from the coffee table. He handed it to Lyra. She grabbed it, flipping it over to see the drawing it.

"It is a picture of you, mommy, Calvin, and me...It is our family," He blushes, watching as Lyra gushed over the picture. Lucia came back into the room with a cup of juice for Tori. Tori took the drank from Lucia without saying thank you. It seemed like the little girl forgot that Lucia was no longer her maid. Lucia did not say anything to the girl, instead she took a seat next to Lyra.

"How is everything going to Gavin's trial?"

Lyra folded up the drawing placing it into her bag. "The trail hasn't started yet, but i can already tell it is going to be a long and messy one." she tells Lucia.

"Why would it be messy? Daddy knows the best lawyers in the county. Mommy says Gavin will be coming home very soon." Tori finishes her drink. Lyra sighs, looking for Calvin for what to say.

"You may think that is the case, but Gavin hurt a lot of people. The judge will not let him get away with that." Calvin tries to explain to Tori, but she was not having it.

"You don't know what you're talking about," she says stubbornly crossing her arms. Lyra watched Tori with annoyance. She knew it was a bad idea to bring Tori. She is probably going to run and tell her mom everything she heard the talking about.

Mason frowns, his eyes still trained on Tori. "You're not a nice person," He tells her. "You aren't suppose to talk back to people who are older than you."

Tori lets out a huff, rolling her eyes. "My mom said i can do whatever I want. I don't have to listen to a bastard child." Everyone gasped when that left Tori's mouth.

"Tori!" Lucia exclaims, rushing to her son. She lifted him into her arms, walking away from the living room. Tori smiles, watching them walk out of the living room. She looks to Lyra and shrugs her shoulder.

"Why would you say that to him?" Lyra stood up, going over to Tori.

"Mom said he ruined our family. He is a bastard child," Tori repeated what she heard her mom say time after time to her father and various of her friends.

"Would you like it if i called you a bastard child?" Lyra tilts her head, waiting for Tori to respond. Tori shook her head no.

"You can't call me something I'm not. You're a bastard child too. You don't have a dad or a mommy."

"Enough of that, lets take a walk," Calvin stood up, grabbing Tori by the arm. Lyra watched him led the young girl outside of the apartment. Once they were out, Lyra went to go find Lucia and Mason. Mason sat on his bed, small sniffles coming from him. Lyra wrapped her arms around him, whispering to him that he was the best little boy ever and he was not a bastard. 

After Mason was calmed down. Lyra was able to take a moment to talk to Lucia and find out how she was doing financially. Lucia told her that she had enough money from working for her uncle that she would be able to pay the rent for another 2 months. In the mean time, she was looking for a job cleaning hotel rooms or houses.  Lyra spent thirty minutes talking with Lucia before Calvin came in to tell her that Tori wanted to go home.

Lyra let out a sigh before she hugged both Mason and Lucia.  She told them she would come and see them again. Lyra walked over to Calvin, grabbing his hand. "I knew we shouldn't have brought her with us. She is never going to change. Her mother ruined her." Lyra fumes. Calvin had to agree with her. There was no helping Tori, her mother had tainted her innocence. Tori waited for Calvin and Lyra by Calvin's car. Calvin unlocked it, not even bothering to open the door for her. He opened the door for Lyra then went around to the driver side.

"You're being mean to me," Tori pouts, kicking the back of Lyra's seat. "I'm going to tell my dad on you," She tells Lyra.

"Okay? Does it look like I care?" Lyra retorts, leaning her head back against the seat, "and stop kicking the chair," Calvin turns on the car, driving off to Lyra's house. When they got there, Lyra was happy to see that her aunt's car was there. "Get  out," Lyra told Tori. Tori frowns, taking off her seat belt. She opened the door climbing out.

"I wasn't trying to be bad!" She shouts, slamming the car door shut. Lyra watched her walk up to the front door and ring the bell. Trey opened it, letting Tori into the room.

"I am so hungry from all of this, lets go get some lunch," Calvin suggested, to which Lyra agreed to.

I will not be announcing the winner of the character contest. You guys will have to wait and see in the next chapter who the winner is. Just look out for your character. Thank you to those who sent in a character. I might be able to incorporate your characters into the story if you did not win.