42

"Lyra....Lyra...." Lyra groaned as she rolled over in her new bed. Her eyes flickered open to see  Calvin leaning over her. He smiled when she looked up at him.

"What are you doing?" Lyra glanced at the clock on the night stand, it was only 3am. She moved over in the bed to allow Calvin to climb in.

"I couldn't sleep knowing you were just a couple doors down from me," Calvin admits, wrapping his arms around Lyra. Lyra snuggled into him, her head resting on his chest. Calvin raked his fingers through Lyra's hair. This seemed to make Lyra relax, as her eyes started to drift close again.

However, Calvin decided to speak up again, preventing her from sleeping.

"Didn't your mom tell you to sleep in your room and not to end up in mine?" Lyra raises a brow at Calvin. He smirks, rolling his eyes playfully.

"She'll forgive me, I'm her baby boy." Calvin grins. Lyra shook her head at him and closed her eyes.

"Well go to sleep then," Lyra mumbles, sleep finally taking her. Calvin chuckles quietly when he heard quiet snores escape Lyra's parted lips. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her head.

"I love you Lyra, sweet dreams," He whispers before he too drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Renee went to her son's room and saw that his bed was empty. She knew the only other place he could be was Lyra's room. She thought about going in there, and waking the couple up, but last minute decided against. Instead she went down to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"You guys are going to get in trouble," Calvin and Lyra were both woken up by the sound of Paige's voice in the doorway.

"Paige, please get out," Calvin groans as he shields his eyes from the sun rays that entered the room through the windows. Lyra rubbed her eyes, sitting up in bed. Paige grins, ducking when Calvin chucked a pillow at her.

"Mom!" She shouts, running to go tell her mom that Calvin was in Lyra's room.

"Good morning," Lyra smiles turning her attention to Calvin. Calvin smiles, tackling her softly back on the bed.

"Good morning," He kisses her neck, then places a kiss on her lips. Lyra giggles, pushing him off of her. "I can get use to waking up like this everyday." Calvin buries his face into her neck, breathing in her scent.

"I can too, but I need to go brush my teeth, and so do you." Lyra broke free from his hold and stood up from the bed.

"I brush my teeth after breakfast." Calvin stretched in the bed.

"Ew, I can't do that. I have to brush my teeth before I eat or do anything in the morning." Lyra went into the connecting bathroom. She turned on the tap water and picked up her tooth brush. She brushed her teeth and washed her face before returning back to her room. "Are you going to get up?" Lyra jumped on the bed, startling Calvin.

"I am up," Calvin says with his eyes closed. Lyra raises a brow and smacks his butt. "Ouch." Calvin rubs the spot she smacked. He opened one eye to look at her. "Don't be abusive."

"I want to go eat babe." Lyra whines, wanting him to get out of bed. Calvin finally sat up and climbed out of bed, pulling Lyra out of the room with him.

"Good morning," Lyra and Calvin greeted his mom and sister.

"Good morning," Renee smiles at the duo. She was happy to see her son truly content with his life. She hoped that the two of the lasted for the rest of their life.

Lyra sat at the table, Calvin took the seat next to her. Mr. Doherty had already left early to get to work so it was just Renee and Paige eating with them. "Everything looks good Renee," Lyra smiles looking down at the food.

"Thank you, please dig in," Renee took a seat at the table.

Breakfast at the Doherty house hold was significantly different than breakfast at the Hartnett household. There wasn't a hostile vibe, everyone genuinely cared about each other and were engaging in conversations that were positive. After breakfast, Paige, and Lyra helped Renee clean up while Calvin went out to take the trash. Throughout the morning, Lyra was shocked to see that Renee and her kids were the ones who kept up the cleaning and cooking in the house. The only time the family had help was when they were throwing parties at their house.

The Doherty family was humble, something the Hartnett family lacked.