18

The following day at school Lyra could not focus at all. The secret was eating away at her. She wanted to get to the bottom of it. The Hartnett family's secrets were beginning to become unraveled. Lyra was at lost of what to say. Did everyone in the family know about this? Lyra chewed on the end of her pencil waiting for the bell to ring. She rushed out of the class room, bumping into someone's chest.

"Where are you in a rush too?" Calvin chuckles, throwing his good arm over her shoulder. Lyra smiles sheepishly, apologizing for bumping into him.

"No where, I just wanted to get out the class before everyone else," She tells him. Lyra looks at his arm frowning. This was the first time she had seen his arm in person. The cast went up a pretty god amount of his arm. She gently touched it, looking up at him. "How badly does it hurt?" She questions. Calvin shook his head.

"I have pain killers for the pain. I don't feel a thing anymore," He tells her with a grin. Lyra shook her head. Calvin ended up walking her to her next class and told her he would accompany her when she went to go see Mason at the hospital later on that day. There was so much that Lyra wanted to ask Mason. She only hoped that he would be willing to tell her everything.

~~~~~~~~

Calvin walked down the hall after he dropped Lyra off at her class. He was reading something on his phone when he looked up to see someone had stopped in front of him. Calvin raised his brow as he shoved his phone into his pockets.

"Can I help you?" Calvin looks at Lauren.  She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. She looks at his arm, shaking his head.

"What a shame," She laughs lightly pointing at his arm, "Well that's what happens when you surround yourself with low lives." Lauren flips her hair over her shoulder. If Calvin wasn't a gentleman he would have wrapped his hands around her neck and choked her out. She was asking for it.

"If you're done insulting the people that are way better then you I would like to leave. You're preventing me from getting to my class." Calvin glares at her.

Lauren tilts her head back laughing out loud. The few kids walking by, glances at her as if she were crazy. She was.  "Calvin sweetie, I'm not preventing you from doing anything. You can always walk away." She smirks. Calvin sighs, he didn't have time to play her little games. He steeped around her, making his way to his class.

"Remember I know you Calvin! You're ruining your image! You will never find a girl like me! Lyra is going to turn you into a no body and you know it!" Lauren yells after him. "You need me!" She shouts at his retreating form.

"You need a mental institution," Calvin mumbles as he turned the corner.

~~~~~

"I heard you had a little altercation with Lauren," Lyra says to Calvin as she gets into his car. Calvin starts up the car, glancing at the group he use to hang out with. Seems like Gavin had turned them all against him. Maybe they weren't all true friends after all. Honestly Calvin could careless about them. The only one he was a little upset about losing as a friend was Mike.

Lyra glances at him then back to her cousin who had his arm wrapped around Lauren. They move on fast. "You know you don't really need them. They're not good people," Lyra tells him touching his arm gently. Calvin nods, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I know, but you are." He flashes her a smile. Lyra giggles, leaning back against her seat. As Calvin pulled out of the parking lot. Lauren and Gavin pulled apart, watching the car drive off.

"We need a new plan," Lauren says looking over at Gavin.

Calvin turned on the radio to fill the silence in the car. "I still can't believe this whole Mason thing. This family is so messed up." Calvin speaks up. Lyra nods her head, searching through her bag.

"They really are, my aunt is the worse of them all. She is so stuck up. I wonder what she is hiding." Lyra runs a hand through her hair. Calvin got onto the highway, tapping on the steering wheel.

"Did you know she had an affair on your uncle?" Calvin says casually. Gavin had told him some things that had happened in the house. Since they were no longer friend, he didn't have a reason to keep this information private anymore. Lyra gasps, staring at Calvin.

"No way!"

Calvin chuckles nodding his head, "Yeah! She did, but your uncle caught her. She begged him no to divorce her since it would look bad." Calvin informs her.

"When did all of this happen?" Lyra asks curiously.

Calvin thought about it, "I think we were in fifth grade when this happened."

"And that harlot likes to call my mother all these horrid names? She should look in the mirror." Lyra scoffs pulling out the notebook she needed. She opened to a clean page and wrote down a few things.

"What are you writing down?" Calvin glance at her. Lyra shook her head closing the notebook after she finished writing in it.

"Nothing important." Calvin nods his head understanding. He wasn't one to pry when someone did not want him too. His eyes scanned the road as he finally made it to the hospital. He pulled into the parking garage and parked the car into a parking spot.

"Alright, let us go see this Mason kid," Calvin chuckles turning off the car. Lyra smiles getting out.

"Mason is about to bring this family crashing from their thrones." She slams the car door shut, walking to Calvin's side.

"I'm kind of nervous to hear what the kid has to say about all of this. I mean, I don't like your aunt and cousins no more then you do, but I would hate for this to blow up even more then it needs to." Calvin admits.

"You're too nice, trust me Gavin and his mother unleashed a can of worms that they're going to have to deal with. Anyone who are on their sides can also join their ride to destruction. I honestly don't care at this point. The only one I really feel bad for in this family is Trey. He unfortunately got born into this mess."