9

October 10, 2014 Monday

Lyra and Ivy walked down the halls of the school chatting about some upcoming events for the environmental club. This upcoming weekend Ivy was hosting their green fundraiser to raise money for a missionary trip to help out Thailand, after they were hit with another tsunami.

"What is our goal?" Lyra asked as they made it to her locker. She turned the dial, listening as it clicked open. She shoved her books in.

"I have to do a few more calculating, then I'll have the exact amount by the meeting." Ivy told her as she leaned against the lockers watching Lyra.

Lyra turned to her then closed her locker. The two of them walked to their class getting there a minute before the bell rang.

As the class progressed, Lyra started to think about what she found in her uncle's office. It was something that she couldn't get her mind off of.

Who could have possibly written that letter?

~/~

After school Ivy and Lyra met up. "Hey, I'm stopping by the hospital later. You want to come?"

Lyra thought about Mason and nodded her head. "Yeah, I did promise him I'd come back anyway. But can we stop by my house?"

Ivy told her they could and together they walked to the car. "So...I have to ask you this. What has got your head spinning?" Ivy asked once she started her car.

Lyra looked at her confused. "What are you talking about?"

Ivy pulled out of the school parking lot and onto the road. She glanced at Lyra then turned back to her driving. "Well, for one...you don't seem too focused. Is everything okay?"

Lyra nodded her head biting her lips nervously. "Yeah, everything is okay...I guess." She ran a hand through her hair starring out the window. Was it that obvious her head was elsewhere? The rest of the ride was silent as Ivy arrived to Lyra's house.

"I'll only be a minute," As Lyra walked up the path to the door she saw that her uncle's car was there. He wasn't supposed to be home so early. Lyra hesitantly opened the door and stepped inside the house. She was going to call out to her uncle and greet him, but she decided against that. Lyra made her way to her room and got the drawings out. She smiled as she looked through them and shoved them in her bag.

"I didn't go through it!" Lyra heard a voice yell. She raised a brow as she closed her room, walking out into the hall. She walked further down the hall stopping in front of her uncle's office. She leaned her head against the door and heard a few mumbling.

She could make out the voice of her uncle but the other voice was too low.

"This is so stupid," Lyra whispered to herself as she stepped away from the door and walked down the steps. Maybe she was overreacting and the letter wasn't even that important. For all she knows, it could have been part of a case her uncle was working on.

Lyra stalked over to the car and got in. "Everything good?"

Lyra nodded and buckled up her seatbelt. "Just drive."

At the hospital Ivy and Lyra split up. Lyra went straight up to Mason's room. She knocked on the door and waited for him to tell her to come in.

"Hey Mason," She smiled walking over to his bed. He sat up and flashed her huge smile. She placed some pillows behind his back to keep him comfortable.

"You came!" He exclaimed watching her closely. Lyra nodded and gave him a small hug, which made him glow. She sat on the edge of the bed, setting her bag on the floor.

"I always keep my promises." Lyra smiled at him grabbing his hand. He beamed at her.

"So, how you feeling?" She asked him glancing at his monitors, everything seemed to be normal. He even seemed to be a little more flushed then the last time she saw him. He didn't look so pasty and pale.

"Fantastic! The doctor said I'm making some progress." He smiled proudly.

Lyra smiled, she was happy for him. She looked down at her bag on the floor and reached for it.

"I know how you love wolves so I brought you something." Lyra opened her bag and pulled out the drawing. "Here you go," She handed them to him, watching his reactions.

Mason took the drawings, going through them. Immediately Mason looked up at Lyra in fear. He shoved the papers under his pillows looking at her wide eyed.

"Where did you get those?"

Lyra looked at him confused. Why did he react that way?

"I found them at my house..." Lyra trailed off closing her bag. "You don't like them?"

Mason shook his head, "No, I love them. I just- never mind. Where in your house did you find them?" He asked curiously. Lyra dropped the bag back to the floor.

"In my room under the floor...Why?"

Mason gulped and turned away from her. He began to sweat really badly. Lyra stood up and felt his forehead.

"Are you feeling okay?" She got some napkins and wiped his face. "Let me get you some water." She filled up a cup with water and handed it to him. Mason took small gulps, watching her.

"You should leave..." He whispered to her. Lyra didn't understand, what did she do wrong? Mason stared at her, then at the clock. "Come back tomorrow....please?"

She could tell that he knew something and was trying to get her out as soon as possible. Lyra nodded and grabbed her bag. "I'll come back tomorrow."

"Wait!" Lyra turned around to look at Mason, "Do-Don't tell anyone you come here. Alright?" He pleaded with her. Lyra nodded her head and left the room.

She walked down the corridor bumping into someone.

"Oh, sorry I didn't see you- Lucia?"

Lyra was shocked to see her. "What are you doing here?" Lyra asked tilting her head. Lucia shook her head and shoved her hands in her coat pocket.

"Nothing, I have to go. See you later," Lucia stepped around Lyra and walked down the hall. Lyra stood there for a bit and decided to see where Lucia was going. She followed behind her, keeping a distance of course. Lucia stopped at a door and went it.

"She knows Mason?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lied, aha I thought I was going to need more time with this chater but I decided to break it up and end it here. The next chapter should still be uploaded next week maybe longer since I've uploaded this one now. How does Lucia know Mason? Any ideas? I know! I'm not saying though. The next chapter Lyra decides to do some investigation. What will she find and what does Mason know? Does Calvin make a move? Hmm, you'll have to read to find out.