5

Lyra was really starting to hate this school. It was full of snotty, good for nothing brats, who all relied on their parents to pay for all their expenses. Lyra so desperately wanted to cut school. It was so boring.

The last class for today was biology room 206 B. The questions was, where to find it?

With her books heavy weight in her hand, Lyra walked through the halls, stumbling passed many students who carelessly pushed her out the way in order for them to get to where they were going.

Lyra huffed angrily, looking at her schedule in her hand. 'Where the heck is this class?!' Lyra screeched in her head, reading the numbers on all the doors she passed. Reaching the end of the hall she realized she'd have to turn to go back the other way when-

BAM!

Lyra landed on the ground, her books scattering in all different directions.

"Great." Lyra mumbled under her breath, trying to gather all her books.

"Here," A hand held out her one direction notebook. Yes, she was a Directioner, and a proud one at that.

Lyra looked up, surprised to see it was Calvin helping her. I guess she was starring to long because Calvin raised a brow and stood up straighter.

"Hello?" He waved his hand in front of her face. Lyra snapped out of her thoughts and snatched the book from him, getting onto her feet.

Calvin let out a light chuckle. "You know a thank you would be really nice," He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Thanks..." Lyra whispered, holding her books close to her chest.

"How you liking Orange county?" He gazed at her, biting his lips. 'He looks so cute' Lyra thought watching him.

But to answer his question Lyra shrugged her shoulders.

"C'mon we can't be that bad." Lyra gave him a look. "Ok, ok I'll admit we can be a tad bit intimidating, but deep down, way, way deep down. I'm talking about layers down... we are some really nice people."

"Was that supposed to be a joke?" Lyra looked to the ground, watching every step she took.

"Depends, was it funny?" He smiled. Lyra shook her head.

"Not at all, that was kind of a low blow to your own peers. I mean you were basically calling them cold hearted. Not that I don't agree." Lyra whispered the last part to herself.

"So where you headed? We are pretty late to class." He pointed out the empty hall.

"Oh, I'm going to biology, I have no idea where it is." Lyra admitted sheepishly.

"Hmm Mr. Coverty?" Lyra nodded her head. "Sweet, I'm headed there right now. I'll take you."

Calvin walked Lyra to class and when they got there, he introduced her to the teacher. Upon being the new student she was given a free pass for being late. Calvin also got off free because he was the one helping her find her way.

Lyra was seated in the front of the room next to a girl who seemed friendly enough.

"Hi," Lyra felt a small tap on her arm, she turned to the girl next to her who flashed her a smile so wide it almost seemed like it hurt.

"Hey?" Lyra replied as more of a question.

"I'm Ivana Richards but you can call me Ivy," She held out her hand which Lyra took hesitantly.

"Lyra."

"I know, nothing in this school is kept under the radar. I heard you had a run in with the spawn devil, Lauren." Ivy giggled, pulling her dark hair into a high ponytail.

"Well I wouldn't say run in, she approached me while I was minding my own business. She was trying to be 'nice' but it was everything but nice."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Lauren has this thing that whenever something or someone new comes and steals her attention she has to rally it back onto her. A bit conceited if you ask me." Ivy shrugged pulling out her pen. She handed Lyra a piece of paper with numbers scribbled on it.

Lyra looked at her.

"It's my number. You can call me whenever you need something."

"I will, thanks."

~/~

Within 30 minutes the bell had rung and it was time to go home. Lyra made her way to her locker, opening it to shove all her books in and pull out her jacket.

"Uh..excuse me?"

Lyra turned around to see Lauren with her arms crossed over her chest, chewing obnoxiously on a piece of gum.

"Yes?" Lyra questioned closing her locker.

"You're in my way," Lauren sneered, looking Lyra up and down.

"You could easily go around me."

"But I don't want to- wait who do you think you are telling me what to do?" Lauren flipped her hair over her shoulder. "By the way, I saw you talking to MY boyfriend earlier. What was that about?"

"What boyfriend?"

"Calvin. He is MY boyfriend. Why were you with him?" Lauren pushed, batting her fake eyelashes at Lyra. Was this girl ready to take flight with those things?

"No reason, we just bumped into each other and he helped me find my class. The end."

Lauren took a step towards Lyra. "Listen here new bee. I don't care what the heck happened earlier but I do know one thing. If you don't stay away from him I will make your life so miserable, you are going to wish you end up like your mother."

The tears started brimming in Lyra's eyes. "How dare you talk about my mother?!" Lyra shouted, dropping her books to the floor.

"Oh boo hoo cry me a river. What are you going to do about it? Get one of your ghetto home girls to fight me?" Lauren smirked. Ok, now that was harsh and Lauren knew this but she would never own up to it.

Lyra built up the courage to push Lauren away from her. Lauren stumbled back letting out a loud gasp.

"You did not just do that?!" Lauren huffed angrily, regaining her balanced. Lyra looked at her, furiously wiping away the tears from her eyes. At this point a small crowd was gathering around the duo. "You are going to regret that so much. Mark my words Lyra. You're life form now on is over." With that said Lauren stalked away from Lyra, shouting for people to get out of her way.

"Lyra!" Ivy pushed her way through the crowd, making her way to Lyra. "Oh my are you okay? I saw the crowd forming, did you get into a fight?" Ivy sked frantically. Lyra shook her head no, sniffling.

"Just a verbal altercation with Lauren."

Ivy scoffed, "ugh that evil wicked witch of the west. What did she do this time?" Ivy hugged Lyra then helped her pick up her belongings.

"She said something about my mother..." Lyra trailed off, taking her stuff from Ivy.

Ivy nodded her head, walking with Lyra to the exit of the school. "Wow, I knew she was a sloth but didn't know she could get that slimy."

Lyra raised a brow at that statement. "What?" She actually cracked a smile. Ivy waved her off with a slight giggle.

"Please don't mind half the things I say."

"Alright,"

"Well I have to go. My dad is here, see you tomorrow!" Ivy hugged Lyra then scurried off to the car that just pulled into the lot.

Lyra watched her for a few second then turned to look for the thing she called cousin. This should be interesting.