25

Its been a week since the break in at Calvin's house. Everything was quiet and chill. Calvin was spending more and more time with Lyra, which she was not complaining about. 

"What do I have to wear again?" Lyra questions Calvin as he walked her to her class. She looks up at him awaiting his answer.

"Something fancy," he smiles, kissing the back of her hand. Calvin had invited her to go out with his family for his father's birthday. At first Lyra did not want to attend because she felt like it was a day that should be spent with family, but Calvin reassured her that his parents wanted her to come. Mr. and Mrs. Doherty was actually really fond of Lyra. They preferred her over Lauren any day.

"Okay, I'll see you later," Lyra kissed his cheek, before turning to walk into her class, only to be stopped by Calvin grabbing her wrist.

"What was that? I need a proper kiss goodbye," Calvin taps his lips. Lyra rolls her eyes, before leaning to place a kiss on his lips. 

"Happy?" She looks at him, pretending to be annoyed. Calvin smiles letting go of her hand.

"Yes, now hurry before you're late." He tells her.  Lyra pouts and rushes into the class before the bell rings.

Calvin walked down the hall, making his way out to the field where the football team was playing. "Hey coach!" Calvin calls out jogging over to the team. Gavin stood up with a frown. He wondered why Calvin was there, he couldn't play.

"Alright boys, Calvin is going to be assisting me with coaching until he is well enough to be back on the team." The coach explained, looking over everyone's face. Calvin smirks when he saw the look of hatred on Gavin's face.

"Since I'm basically second in charge now, I will be running all practices." Calvin spoke to his team. "You guys are my responsibility now, I decide who will be on the field playing," Calvin smiles in triumph. 

"Calvin came up with a good idea with picking who will be playing next game. We will be having a small playoff. Everyone will have to compete with each other to receive the quarterback position." The coach further explained.  A few boys let out a few groans.

"It's easy to make a team, but even harder to stay on it," Calvin spoke as he walked past the boys. Gavin was shaking in anger. "Alright five laps around the track." Calvin walks back to the coach, talking about a few players on the team. Gavin glared at Calvin, he wanted him gone.