10

Lyra paced back and forth in her room. There was too much going on in her head at the moment. So much information was pulsating through her brain, she had no idea what do to with them. Lyra ran a hand through her hair as she plopped down on her bed. Mason knew something serious, that would only explain why he acted so weirdly when she gave him the drawings. Lucia knew Mason....was that the reason why she was so upset? Lyra let out a sigh as she fell back against her bed. To top everything off she had a target on her back. She bit her lips as she though of what Gavin and Lauren could possibly do to her. Lyra shook her head as she looked to the clock. It was late, she let out a breath as she got under the covers. She snuggled into the warmth staring out her window at the dark night sky.

"Mom...if you're out there...please protect me." Lyra whispered before she closed her eyes drifting off to sleep.

"Wake up." Lyra let out a yelp as she felt the bucket of ice cold water spill all over her. She gasped running a hand through her hair as she climbed out of the bed. She shivered as she stared at Gavin in disbelief.

"What is wrong with you?!" She shouted at him as she ran to her closet grabbing out a towel. Gavin looked at her and laughed. He set the bucket down, crossing his arms over his chest.

"My mom told me to wake you up. I felt like the water would have been effective. I was right." He smiled at her. He waved and turned to walk out of the room. Lyra debated of she should pick up the bucket and chuck it at his big head, but she didn't. However she did smile at the thought of it. Lyra got dressed for the day, braiding her hair. She stared at herself in the mirror. Her hair was in some serious need of a fresh relaxer, but Lyra new that it was causing damage to her hair. She sighed and placed on a huge headband. Maybe she would get box braids, it would be different and new. Lyra grabbed her school bag and made it down to the kitchen. Lucia was serving Mrs. Hartnett, who scrowled at her, shouting that she never did anything right. Lyra rolled her eyes and stepped into the room.

"Good morning, Lucia. Good morning Trey." Lucia smiled sitting at the table. Lucia smiled back at her, as did Trey but soon his smile disappeared when he saw the glare his mother was throwing his way.

"Glad of you to finally grace us with your presence." Mrs. Hartnett picked up her glass of water taking a sip from it. Lyra rolled her eyes grabbing a toast. She spread some butter on it, making eye contact with her aunt.

"You and I both know you could careless if I came in here or not." Lyra bit into the toast, smirking at the alarmed look on her aunt's face. Trey filled his mouth with fruits to keep in his snicker. That was the first time he heard her ever talk back to his mom. He found it funny.

"What are you laughing at Trey?" His mother growled. Trey shrugged and got up from the table hearing a car horn outside. It was his ride. He waved goodbye to Lucia and Lyra before rushing out the house. That left Lucia, Gavin, and Mrs. Hartnett. Mr. Hartnett had already left with Tori. Lyra finished her breakfast and placed her plate in the sink. She glanced at her phone at the time, Ivy should be arriving to pick her up. She hugged Lucia and began walking to the front door.

"You better come home straight after school!" Mrs. Hartnett warned her. Lyra turned and looked at her.

"Why?" She crossed her arms, giving her aunt attitude.

Mrs. Hartnett slammed her glass on the table and stood up. The chair behind her flew to the floor. She walked around the table and stalked her way over to Lyra who took a step back.

"Listen here you little delinquent. You are living in my house, by my rules. If you think I'm going to let you disrespect me in my own home you have another thing coming. You may have talked to your crack head of a mom that way, but I on the other hand will not be tolerating this kind of behavior. I've told you when I needed you to be home, you better obey young lady. Trust me if you fail to do as I say, you will regret the day you were ever born." Mrs. Hartnett flipped her hair walking away from Lyra. Lucia stood there by the sink in shock. How could a grown women say those things to a child? Lucia shook her head, sometimes people would get what was coming to them. God doesn't like evil.

Lyra clenched her jaw as she stood there taking in what was just said to her. Her mother was not a crack head! How dare she? Who did she think she was? The queen of orange county? No. No. Soon enough Mrs. Hartnett would get a rude awakening, and Lyra would be the one to deliver it to her on a silver platter.

Lyra angrily got into Ivy's car wiping away the hot tears that streamed down her face. Ivy frowned glancing at her. She pulled away from the house getting on the road.

"What happened?" She asked softly as she paid attention to the road. Lyra shook her head buckling up.

"My aunt..." She trailed off looking out the window. Ivy nodded her head in understandment.

"What did the wicked witch of the west say this time?"

Lyra said nothing. Ivy sighed letting it go. She could tell Lyra just needed her space and she was going to give it to her. Once at school the two girls got out the car. Ivy walked Lyra to her locker.

"Calvin keeps staring at you." Ivy spoke up, staring down the hall where Mike and Calvin stood. Mike was another one of Gavin's friend. He didn't hang out as much with Calvin and Gavin, but he was still apart of the squad.

Lyra slammed her locker and turned to see Calvin in fact staring at her intently. Lyra glared grabbing hold of Ivy's hand dragging her away. Calvin looked after her confused, a frown was imprinted on his face as he told Mike something.

"What was that about?" Ivy asked as they made it to class. Lyra shook her head taking a seat.

"Nothing, it was nothing. Calvin just thinks I'm friends with him."

Ivy smirked resting her head on her arms. "You like him!" She whispered to Lyra. Lyra looked back at her, her eyes widening. "You do!"

As you can tell I split this chapter into two parts. The second part will for sure be a 'omg no she didn't moment.' What do you all think of Mrs. Hartnett? I personally thinks she needs to come back down from mars. Why does she feel the need to terrorize people. Even her own son, Trey, who seems to be the only normal one in the family. Is there a reason for that? Yes, but I'm not saying. Oh, do you like the new cover? I decided to make young Leonardo DiCaprio play Calvin Deharty instead of Alexander Ludwig.