4

Calvin Doherty.

He was the star quarterback, dirty blonde, blue eyes. Typical stereotype football player.

He smiled, pulling Gavin into a 'bro hug' as they liked to call it. The two had been friends for as long as they could remember, since their moms were pregnant with them around the same time.

Lyra openly starred at him, she couldn't help it. He was attractive.

The two boys reached the car, Gavin whispered something to Calvin then the two looked over to Lyra. She immediately turned her head away, suddenly finding her shoes so much more interesting.

Gavin opened the door. "Get in the back," He spat at her. Lyra sighed, grabbing her bags getting ready to move to the back.

Calvin shook his head, "No, it's alright. I'll sit in the back, no biggie." He dismissed it, getting into the back seat.

Gavin rolled his eyes, sending Lyra a disgusted look. He started the car angrily, pulling out of the driveway.

"Hey, I'm Calvin." He tapped Lyra's shoulder, making her turn to look at him.

"Lyra..."She whispered.

"Don't talk to her, she might think you want to be her friend," Gavin injected, pulling into the school parking lot. Calvin let out a light laugh.

"Bro, chill. I was just introducing myself....you know being polite and all."

The boys got out the car, walking over to their large group of friends, leaving Lyra to fend for herself.

Lyra slowly got out the car, looking up at all the new faces. They all seemed to be glancing at her, whispering. She coward away from their stares making her way to the entrance of the school.

~/~

Lyra's first 4 classes went well, but only because no one bothered to acknowledge her. It was finally time for lunch, Lyra was dreading it, but she was really hungry. Sucking up her pride she pushed open the cafeteria doors. The room was a mash up of all different chatters. Groups of friends sat huddles around their tables, smiles around their faces.

Lyra could spot Gavin with his group of friends, he spotted her, but looked away. Lyra walked to the lunch line examining the choices of food. Surprisingly everything looked good. In the end Lyra ended up purchasing a salad, a Snapple, and a cupcake.

She picked up her food, and looked around for an empty table to sit at.

Bingo.

She found one.

Lyra walked over to the table, pulling out a chair, taking a seat. She ate her food, her eyes training on everyone in the room, trying to get a feel of how everyone was like.

"Hey Gavin, isn't that your cousin?" Lyra heard, but she didn't turn around.

"She isn't my cousin." Gavin lied, Lyra could feel the venom laced in the statement.

"Then what is she?" The female laughed.

"Calvin, shut your girl up." Gavin joked.

"I think we should go give her a little welcoming."

Lyra braced herself for the now approaching female.

"Hi, Lyra right?"

Lyra looked up at the girl that now stood in front of her.

"I'm Lauren," The girl said, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. Lyra nodded her head going back to eating her food.

"Ugh, that cupcake is so fattening! You shouldn't be eating that." Lauren started, she looked Lyra up and down, "Honestly, look you're already a little on the big side," Lauren said.

Lyra's eyes widen, she was anything but big, and she was average size unlike this little twig standing in front of her.

"Oh, I love your hair! It's a wig right?" Lauren smirked, clearly Lauren's intent was not to welcome Lyra more like humiliate her.

"Bye Lanie! I'll see you around the halls!" Lauren grinned, strutting back to her table, her heels clicking on the ground with every step.

"It's Lyra..."