7

Lyra stayed up all night on her new laptop her uncle had just given her.

He claimed it to be a present for missing out of his niece's life for all these years, much to Mrs.Hartnett's dismay. But Lyra was grateful, she could tell that her uncle was making an effort unlike her cruella devil copy of an aunt.

Just as Lyra went to shut off the laptop she got a DM. Lyra bit her lip clicking on the message.

CutiesAsianDoll22: Hey!

Lyra raised a brow typing out her reply hitting send.

NorthernStarGal1124: Who Is this?

Lyra watched the screen waiting for the person to reply.

CutiesAsianDoll22: It's me silly. Ivy.

Oh...Lyra smiled lightly and asked her how she was? The duo spent the next three hours DMing back and forth before they just decided to get on the phone and chat some more.

"Have you figured out what clubs or sports you want join?" Ivy asked, she was honestly curious about what Lyra choices were going to be. Lyra laid back on her bed, resting her head on her pillow.

"I actually haven't really thought about it, Have any suggestions?"

Ivy thought about it for a bit. "Well...I don't know if you'd be that interested in it but you could always join the Environmental club..." Ivy brought up.

Lyra giggled. "Hey! Don't laugh I'm actually president of that club!" Ivy pouted through the phone even though Lyra could not see her.

"Environmental club huh?"

Ivy smiled, "Yeah you'll love it. Trust me and you'll make a whole bunch of friends. We go on many different adventures, we clean the park, school grounds, we host fundraisers, car washes, bake sales, we travel to elementary schools and help them plant gardens. It's really fun." Ivy informed Lyra going on and on about the wonders of the club.

"Besides," Ivy began taking a sip of her water bottle. "It looks good on your college applications."

"When is the meeting?" Lyra twirled a piece of her hair.

"Tuesday."

"Alright. I got to go Ivy I'll talk to you later but would you maybe want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure- wait actually I can't talk tomorrow I'm going to be busy."

Lyra frowned, she almost forgot that Ivy had a life and wouldn't want to spend every waking moment with her. Sensing Lyra's disappointment Ivy suggested that Lyra come with her.

"Are you sure I won't be intruding on your stuff?"

"No, not at all I think you'll actually like it."

The next morning Lyra woke up her hair a big knotted mess on top of her head. Lazily she got out of bed, dragging her legs to the bathroom. She washed up and brushed her teeth before making her way back to her room. Lyra made her bed and then got dressed. It was only 8am, so she had plenty of time to do whatever she pleased until 1pm when Ivy would be picking her up.

Lyra walked into the kitchen heading to the fridge.

"Do you not have any manners?"

Lyra jumped so high she was surprised she didn't go through the ceiling.

There sitting on one of the stools drinking a cup of coffee was her aunt.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there...." Lyra whispered getting a fruit cup.