11

The rest of the day Lyra kept questioning her feeling towards Calvin. Did she like him? How could she, they barely spent any time together. That day, instead of staying after school for the enviornmental club, Lyra went straight home. Since, Ivy was at the club she would have to walk home. Lyra tightened her jacket around her form as she walked along the road. There were no cars driving by, Lyra was the only one out there. She let out a sigh and took out her phone, turning on her pandora. She sang quietly to the song as she stared straight ahead of her.

Beep beep

Lyra stopped walking turning to look at the car driving at a steady pace next to her. Calvin sat in his car, waving at her. Lyra let out a frown.

"What do you want?" She breathed out, the fog that came out of her mouth evident against the cold air. She shoved her phone in her pocket. It was extremely cold outside and he was preventing her from getting home, by talking to her.

"Where you headed?" Calvin asked, tapping on his steering wheel. He flashed her a friendly smile, waiting for her to respond.

"Home." Was Lyra's simple response.

"Get in, I'll take you home." He told her, reaching over to open the passenger door. Lyra shook her head.

"No, thanks." She said quielty, putting her hood on as the wind began to blow furiously around her. Calvin shook his head.

"Stop being stubborn, just get in."

Lyra let out a sigh and finally gave in. She shivered as she sat down in his car, closing the door. She buckled up her seatbelt, glancing at Calvin. Calvin turned on the heat because he could tell that Lyra was cold.

"Are you going to the annual gathering my family is throwing?" Calvin asked, as he began driving. Lyra shrugged as she stared out the window. She hadn't known of any party, is that why her aunt wanted her home early? Lyra shrugs taking her hands out, rubbing them together to get some heat back into them.

"Maybe? I don't know."

Calvin nods glancing at her. He glances at the time and decides to do a U-turn. Lyra sat up in her seat looking at him.

"Where are you going? My house is back the other way!" She exclaimed, confused as to where he could be taking her. "This is kidnapping! You're taking me somewhere without my consent!"

Calvin chuckles watching her freak out in the car. He ignored everything she was saying and turned on the radio. Lyra gasped, "Did you just turn on the radio to drown out my voice?" She squeaks. Calvin grins, looking at her sheepishly.

"Yes, now be quiet. I'm taking you out for some hot chocolate as another form of an apology." He flashes her a cute little smiles. If her skin wasn't so dark, he would have seen her blushed. Calvin drove into town, looking around for a parking space. Most of them were already taken, but he managed to find one. He pulled into the parking space and got out. Lyra got out as well, waiting for him to finish locking the car door.

"My aunt is going to be mad that I'm not home early like she wanted." Lyra says walking along side him.

Calvin licked his lips as he ruffled his hair a bit. "Live a little Lyra, stop trying to please others by doing what they say. Besides your aunt is a b*itch. I would not listen to her if I were in your shoes." He says opening the door for her.

Lyra walked into the small café, a soft smile coming on her face. It was a cute place. The air smelt like freshly bake cookies.

"Calvin!" A little adorable old lady, with short white hair came out from behind the counter.

"Hey nana." Calvin smiled going over to hug the lady. Lyra raised a brow, his grandma? She watched in amusement as the lady pinched his cheek. Calvin's face flushed as he pulled his face away glancing at Lyra. "This is my friend Lyra, Lyra this is my grandma."

The elderly women walked over to Lyra, looking her up and down. "Well aren't you the cutest thing. Have a seat and I'll bring you guys some cookies and hot chocolate." She scurries off to the back.

"Wow, you're grandma is so nice and you're you." She smiles sitting down at one of the booth. Calvin took a seat across from her.

"Haha, very funny."