27

This chapter is going to be a little short, but there is a reason for that. Happy Reading!

It didn't take the ambulance too long to arrive. At this point a small crowd had formed to see the accident. The driver of the limo explained to the cop that another vehicle slammed into them and fled the scene.
After several evaluation, Lyra was deemed okay, but the paramedics wanted to take everyone to the hospital to get checked again.
John on the other hand was going to need stitches as well as a scan to see if he had a concussion. At the hospital, Lyra stayed in the waiting room with Paige and Calvin after the doctors had checked them one final time. Calvin sat in one of the chairs, rubbing his temples.

"Are you okay?" Lyra sits next to Calvin, leaning her head on his shoulder. 

"Lyra honestly, I think this accident was intentional. I feel like someone is really out to get us..."He whispers, but Paige heard him.

"Out to get us?" She buts in, curious about what her brother was talking about. 

Lyra shook her head at the younger teen, "It is nothing for you to worry about," Lyra dismissed it, although she did have to agree with Calvin. The questions is....who knew where they would be?

The whole night Lyra pondered over this question. Could someone really be out to harm them? Or were they just over analyzing everything? By the time Lyra got home that night she was drained.  She unlocked the front door, pushing it open. She held her heels tightly in her hand as she closed the door behind her.

"Lyra!" Talia gasped when she saw her niece enter the house. "You scared me," she mumbles something else under her breath. She seemed a bit disappointed.

Lyra eyes her for a bit, before walking around her. "Wait, where were you?" Talia questions, following Lyra.

"The hospital," Lyra stops at the steps to look at her uncle's wife.

"Why were you at the hospital," Talia crosses her arms over her chest, tightening her robe around her form.

"There was a car accident..."

Before Lyra can finish her aunt interrupted her, "Oh dear, did any of the Doherty's get hurt?" Lyra shook her head no, before making her way up to her room.

"How did she know I was with them?" Lyra whispered to herself.

After the car accident, things seemed to die down in Orange County. Lyra's relationship with Calvin was getting stronger day by day. However, one day Lauren stopped coming to school, no one knew where she went. Her parents had reported her missing after a week of not seeing her. Lyra didn't even give her disappearance a second thought. She thought it was just Lauren pulling one of her stunts for attention.

"Lyra!" Lyra stopped walking in the school halls, turning to the voice. Ivy ran to her, panting when she finally reached her.

"What is it?" Lyra adjusted her books in her hands.

"You didn't hear?" Ivy began shaking her head, "They found Lauren!"

Lyra rolls her eyes, "Okay, that is great....but I care because?" Iv sighed and began pulling her to the direction of the office. The two stood to the side, watching a few officers going in and out of the office, as well as one talking to the principal.

"What happened?" Lyra looks to Ivy.

"That's the thing. When I said they found her....they found her dead."

uh oh, Lauren is dead. Did anyone see that one coming?