14

"What do you want Lauren?" Calvin asked, stepping in front of Lyra. He knew the only reason Lauren was here was to stir up some kind of trouble. That was the only thing she was good for. Lauren smirks, she found it funny how Calvin was trying to protect Lyra. That wouldn't stop her from doing what she planned.

"What? I can't come and say hi?" She laughs lightly, "Calm down Calvin, I'm not going to do anything. Hi Lyra."  Laurens shakes her head, a grin still on her face as she flipped her hair over her shoulder, walking away from them.

"That was strange." Lyra mumbles stepping out from behind Calvin. Calvin watched Lauren turn into another part of the house, a frown on his face. "You okay?" Lyra touched his arm. Calvin nods slowly, giving her his attention again.

"Yeah, I just have a bad feeling, but whatever." He grabs her hand bringing her to his sister who was laughing with her little freshman friends.

"Paige." Calvin called her name, making her look up and tell her friends something. Paige smiles bouncing over to him.

"Hey big bro." She smiles then glances to Lyra. "Hi, I'm Paige. My guess is that you're the infamous Lyra, I've heard so much about you." Lyra smiles giving her a small hug.

"Good things I hope." Lyra raises a brow glancing at Calvin. He shrugs running a finger across his lips.

"Well now that we've met I hope to see you more often." Paige tells her, "Most of Calvin's past girlfriends were a bit snobbish, but you, you seem different." She says.

"Oh I'm not his girl-" Calvin cuts in.

"I actually was going to take her to the garden, so go back to your friends." Calvin whisked Lyra away.

"What's in the garden?" Lyra questions following Calvin.

"Nothing," He laughs, "I just said that so she could go away." He grins, pulling her through the halls of his house.

"Your mom said you wanted to join the NFL?" Lyra asked walking into the room Calvin just entered. Calvin shut the door, pointing to the futon. Lyra walked over to it and sat down. She looked around, her guess was that this was his bedroom.

"Yeah, that's my plan. I hope to make it big." He walks over to the mini fridge in his room pulling out two soda cans. He handed one to Lyra then sat down next to her.

"Thanks," Lyra says taking the can from him. She pops it open taking a small sip. "Nice room."

Calvin leaned back in his seat, "Thanks, my mom decorated it. She is really into interior designing. " Lyra took another sip of the soda. "What happened to your mom?" Calvin asks, looking at Lyra. Lyra sighs, she had come to terms with her mother's death now. It was easier for her to talk about it.

"She died in a car crash, none of my other families knew about me. My uncle was the one who offered to take me in." Lyra bites on her lips gently. Calvin nods listening to her talk.

"Do you miss her?" Lyra nods, her hand going to her necklace. The two stayed in the room and talked for hours. They could hear the classic music playing downstairs but they ignored it. Calvin was in the middle of one of this stories when someone started banging on his door.

"What?" Calvin gets up annoyed as he opens his door. Paige stood there in mid knock. She looks at him then back at Lyra. "What is it?" Calvin asks again.

"You guys better come quick, Lauren is accusing someone of stealing her inherited ring or whatever she said." Paige rolled her eyes. Calvin grabs Lyra's hand leading her out the room. He had a feeling Lauren would try to pin this on Lyra. Was this the huge plan she had came up with along with Gavin?

"There she is! Search her!" Lauren immediately shouts when Lyra came into view. Talia came into view, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I told you that girl was trouble." She whispers to her husband, watching the scene unfold. Lyra shook her head, a frown on her lips.

"Search me for what? I didn't do anything." Lyra defends herself. Calvin looked at his mother. She nodded her head understanding.

"Are you sure you didn't drop it somewhere?" His mother asked Lauren, not believing a thing she was saying. Lauren huffed loudly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Of course I didn't! I saw her standing by my bag! The my ring goes missing!" Everyone looks at her confused.

"Why would you leave this so called ring in your bag? Why weren't you wearing it?" Calvin asks her, hinting in a way that she was stupid. Lauren glares at him, as if saying shut up Calvin. He grins, knowing fully well he was messing up her plans. "Clearly you just want to blame Lyra because you don't like her, but that's not going to work. Lyra was with me all night long, so please go find someone else to blame for your stupid mistakes and leave Lyra alone." Calvin sneers, pointing a finger at her.

"Wow..." Lyra breathed out in amazement, it was nice to hear someone else stand up for her. Lauren's parents moved closer to the front of the crowd. They were extremely embarrassed with the negative attention their daughter had brought to their family.

"Take her home," Calvin's father advised them. They nod, pulling Lauren out of the house.