33

Sorry for it being a short chapter, the next one will be a bit longer. Enjoy!!! 💋

Calvin blinked a few times to allow his eyes to adjust to the bright lights in the room. His face was etched into confusion as he glanced around the room, his eyes falling on everyone. No one had said a thing as they watched. Maybe it was shock, disbelief, awe?
"Where am I?" Calvin got out despite how hoarse his voice sounded. His mouth felt dry and pasty. Renee rushed over to her son and embraced him, but not too tight in fear of hurting him more.
"We thought we lost you!" She sobbed placing kisses all over his face. "Thank you god," she sobbed pulling away from him to examine his face. "My baby boy," she lets out a breathe of relief, hugging him once more. Paige smiled and ran over to her brother's bedside, squeezing him.
"You had us all worried there loser." She smiles laying her head on his chest once her mom had moved out of the way.
Calvin chuckled ruffling his younger sibling's hair.
"And yet the first thing you call me is a loser," Calvin frowns in mock hurt. "I can truly feel the love there little piggy."
Calvin's father also walked over, kissing his son on the head. "You're a fighter..." He said looking down at Calvin.
"I am a Doherty after all," Calvin flashes his parents a grin. "But I'm guessing I'm in a hospital." Calvin looks at all the monitors around him that had been turned off. The nurse and the doctor worked to get the machines back on him, just to keep track of his vitals. "I also feel like I've been placed in a meat grinder." Calvin groans leaning his head back on the pillow. "Wait, where is Lyra?" Calvin looked around the room. Paige looked over to where Lyra was standing but didn't see her.
"She was just there," Paige stands up, confused.
"I saw her step outside the room. She probably wanted to give our family some space." John told his son. Calvin nods, placing a finger on his lips.
"Can you bring her in here? I want to see her." Calvin looks at his parents. They nod and gather up their things.
"We'll come back with some food for you if the doctor says you're good to eat solids." His mother told him as they walked out of the room. Calvin watched as his parents and sister exited his room. Only a second after they had left, Lyra came into the room. She was already crying as she ran into Calvin's arm.
"Don't ever do that again," she cries into his neck. "I really thought I was going to have to live without you, I was so scared." Lyra looks up at him. She stared into his bright blue eyes that she thought she would never see again.
"I'm sorry..." Calvin stroked her hair the best he could without causing himself any pain. "I would never leave you, I made you a promise didn't I?" Calvin said as he searched her eyes. Lyra nods, remembering everything they had talked about.
"Before the shooting, what did Gavin say before he...you know," Lyra asked. She was honestly very curious what Gavin had said before he started shooting at Calvin. Calvin sighed as he reflected on everything that he remembered.
"He was mad...said something about me and you ruining everything. I don't know...he was speaking a lot of gibberish, said I had to pay and you would too for being so nosy." Calvin searched his brain for anything else he could remember. "After that I didn't hear what he said, all I heard was the bang from the gun and then the pain after." Calvin rubbed around his stitches.
"Is he in jail?" Calvin ran his tongue over his dry lips. Lyra nods, playing with his fingers.
"I don't know when his trial is or if he is even getting one. They said he is the one who killed Lauren." Lyra informs Calvin on what had been going on while he was out. Calvin shakes his head.
"Man I didn't know that he was that off. I've been friends with him for years."
"Well sometimes we see things in a person that we only want to see. Anything else we push aside as if those characteristics are not there." Lyra gets a cup and pours some water into it from the pitcher that was in the room. "Here drink this, your lips are way too dry." Calvin takes the cup from her taking small sips because his throats was sore.
"You know when I was in a coma I could hear everything that was going on."