Raising Death

Death was coming back. It was the mantra in your head, and you couldn't wait. He was your creator, your everything, and with him gone, Chaos had reigned. It hadn't been pretty, many of the Reapers had fought for supremacy, and Tessa was just barely able to keep control, and keep death running smoothly. During this hectic time, you had stayed hidden, preferring to follow the Winchesters instead of being bulled and tormented by the other Reapers. Tessa hadn't minded, in fact she hardly ever called on you for jobs, she seemed to sense how much the other Reapers hated you.

But now Death was coming back and things would be different, better, much as they used to be. You were excited, you had missed Death greatly, and you were excited to see how things would be when he was back. 

So you stayed and waited, the pull too much to resist. It was during this time that two cars drove through the empty main street, one very familiar. You were unable to move, you were held captive by the promise of his rise. But you watched as they climbed out of the cars, and scouted the area. Your gaze lost them for moments, but they would soon reappear, and you could only watch in horror as they were soon attacked by Hell Hounds. With nothing to do but watch, you cringed when the blonde girl was ripped to shreds, and when they all ran for cover in one of the many buildings lining the road.

With them out of your sight, you returned to waiting, and you could tell it was getting close. The Reapers, as a group, started moving, and you followed along, the group converging onto the edge of a big field, where they lined up around the edge. You picked a spot farthest from anyone, content to hide behind a tree and observe.

Lucifer was in the middle of the field, a mound of dirt beside him as he dug, while men stood as still as statues around him. It was an eerie scene, but you knew it meant his return was close. As you stood there, an eruption sounded from the city, and you could see a great cloud of dust and smoke rising over the tops of the trees. Hoping that somehow Sam and Dean had made it out alive, you turned your attention once again to Lucifer, surprised to see that he had stopped digging, and another figure was standing in front of him.

Sam's voice was loud, and full as he talked to Lucifer, but you could tell he was stalling, and you gasped as you saw Dean moving from right beside you, a gun in his hand as he snuck up on Lucifer's side. Before you knew what happened, he shot Lucifer in the head, and you watched in shock as he fell to the ground.

But as you stood there, disappointed that Death hadn't been brought back, Lucifer brushed himself off, and stood back up. He gave a smile, before slamming Dean into the tree in front of you, before turning back to Sam.

It was then you couldn't stand it anymore. Dropping your invisibility shield, you rushed over to help Dean. You could tell he wasn't dead, you could sense death from miles away. He was breathing, and a big goose egg was already forming on the back of his head, but otherwise he seemed fine.

Gently holding him against you, you lifted your head up in time to hear Lucifer tell Sam to stay and watch. Lucifer turned his back on Sam, working on his spell, and Sam came rushing over to Dean, not noticing you at first.

It was the first time you had seen Sam up close, and you were frozen to the spot as you took him in. His hair shown brightly in the moonlight, highlights of gold and bronze shining throughout. His eyes were a stunning hazel, so full of life and compassion you were in awe. His cheekbones were prominent, and you could sense the dimples that were playing hide and seek. He was a glorious specimen, and in all your time dealing with humans, none had appealed to you as greatly as he did right then.

"Dean?" He whispered, noticing you for the first time, his eyes going wide as he gazed down on you. 

"He's alive." You whispered, "But we need to get him out of here." 

Sam nodded, glancing around, watching as the possessed humans slowly burnt out, one by one. "Our car is back on main street. I'll have to carry him there." 

You quickly made a decision, knowing this would affect how Sam saw you, but seeing no other choice. "I have a better idea. Grab my shoulder."

Sam raised an eyebrow, but he knew there was no time for arguments. His touch on your shoulder sent a bolt of electricity through your entire body, and you knew he felt it too. Making sure your hand was firmly on Dean, you transported the three of you away from the field, landing back in the middle of town which was now completely empty.

Sam grabbed Dean, who was slowly coming to, guiding him to their black car that had survived the blast earlier. You stayed still, not sure if you would be welcome or not. 

Once Sam had his brother in the backseat, he turned to look at you. "What are you? An Angel?" He asked, his stance relaxed, showing no signs of attacking you.

"I'm a Reaper Sam." You replied, seeing him stiffen at the mention of his name.

"Thanks for helping with my brother. Now what?" He asked.

"They're raising my creator. I should stay here. But I don't want to." You told him truthfully, the pull not as much as it had been an hour ago.

Sam glanced between you and his brother, biting his lip as he thought. "Why don't you come with us. I have some questions."

Nodding, you slid into the passenger seat of the Impala, feeling a little uneasy that you were now riding in the car beside the men you had been following. Men who had no clue how much you exactly knew about them. Men who could probably kill you faster than you could blink an eye. But you also felt like you had just come home from a long journey, and that fact was comforting.