Cat's Out of The Bag

"A Reaper?" Dean repeated, his beer sitting forgotten in his hand as he stared at you. 

Nodding, you collapsed into a chair at the table, your hands clenched together. Staying silent, you waited, afraid that whatever came out of your mouth would be used against you. You could see Dean was furious, by the way his jaw clenched, his lips  pressed in a thin line, and his hold on his beer bottle tight enough you thought it would shatter at any moment.

"Damn it Sam. You knew all this time, and you kept it from me! Why?" He said, turning on his brother first.

"Because I knew you would react this way. Dean, Y/N's the one who saved you when you hit your head during Death's rising. She's proven she's good and here to help." Sam argued in your favor.

Slamming the beer down, Dean's anger grew at Sam's defense of you. "Yeah, and what's to say she won't turn on us at any moment, huh? Like your friend Ruby, how did that work out? I'm sorry Sam, but there is no way I'm going to trust another monster. Especially a Reaper." With those words he turned to face you. "So what, does Death have you here, watching over us? Ready to kill us when we get too close to stopping the apocalypse?"

"Dean, it isn't like that! I.." You finally spoke up, but Dean wasn't having any of it.

"Save it, I don't care what you have to say. Just get out." He told you, his voice quiet and threatening.

"Dean!" Sam exclaimed, glancing between you and his brother, frustrated at Dean's lack of sympathy.

"Sam, no. You don't get a choice in this. She goes, and that's final. I'm not going to have another Monster..." He spat the word at you hurtfully, making you reel back. "I'm not going to have another Monster mess things up for us."

Slowly you stood up, your body unusually heavy and lethargic. You weren't sure what these feelings were, but you didn't like them. Your heart felt bruised and battered, as if you had just taken part of a physical fight. "Alright Dean, I'll go. If you think that's for the best. But understand this, I never meant you any harm. I've been invested in your life for years now, why would I mess that up? I care for you, especially Sam, as much as a Reaper can care."

He just shrugged, before turning his back on you and grabbing his beer once again. "Your words mean nothing to me. You know where the door is."

Turning to Sam, you gave him a heartbroken smile. "I'm sorry Sam. Maybe I'll see you again."

"I'll walk you out." He told you, giving his brother a look that said do not argue with me about this.

Dean just stormed off into Bobby's den, leaving the two of you alone. 

Sam put his hands in his pocket, looking sheepishly down at the floor. "Listen, I'm sorry. Dean is a little, uh. He doesn't trust easily. But let me talk to him, try to talk him down."

You placed your hand on Sam's shoulder, trying to comfort him as much as he was comforting you. "Sam, I get it. I'm a Monster, a freak. I'm what you kill for a living. It actually turned out better than I thought. I figured he would have tried to kill me, not just toss me out."

"You're not a freak!" Sam argued, his cheeks going rosy in his frustration. "Just because you aren't an actual human doesn't mean you aren't good, aren't meant to be part of our lives. Dean just needs to see that."

Sighing, you began trudging your way to the door, Sam following silently behind. As you walked, you took in every aspect of Bobby's house, knowing you were going to miss the old cluttered house. Opening the door, you stood on the porch, knowing you had to go, but not ready to say goodbye quite yet. 

"Where will you go?" Sam asked you, leaning against the door frame.

"I have a place. It's not as cool as this, but it works." You told him. "But truthfully, I hope you don't mind if I still continue to check up on you."

Sam glanced behind him, checking to make sure Dean wasn't lurking in the shadows. "Are you sure that's a good thing? I mean, I'm going to talk to him, try to get him to understand, but if he sees you, he might go after you. You never know with Dean."

"I have my ways. If I want I can make it so neither of you can see me." You told him. "But seriously, I hate leaving you." You admitted.

Sam moved suddenly, and you felt yourself wrapped up in his arms, you head pressed tightly to his chest. At first it felt awkward, but then you relaxed into it, letting his body heat and the comfort of his arms ease the pain of leaving him behind. "I hate that you're going. And I'm going to fight Dean on this, I promise. I'll even get Bobby and Cas to help. They know, and they don't think you're a threat."

"Thanks Sam." You said, tilting your head enough that you could look up to his face.

"I'm not just doing it for you. I'm doing it for me too. You've woken up this feeling in me, a feeling that I haven't felt since my days with Jess. I'm not sure what it is right now, but I want to have more time with you." He admitted.

Standing on your tip toes, you pressed a soft kiss to the corner of his lips. "Sam, I'm a Reaper. I'm not supposed to feel. But you have opened this heart of mine, and I think I know what love feels like now."

With that last statement, you pulled yourself from his arms, and started heading down the steps. Reaching the Impala, you turned one more time, admiring the wonderful man you had come to care for so much. He stood there, his arms crossed, his eyes stormy as he watched you walk away. Giving him a comforting smile and a wave, you opened your powers, turning yourself invisible once again,  transporting yourself back to your small little apartment that you hardly ever stayed in.